Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Baseball-sized blemish on back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the car washed, and as it rolled out & was ready to be picked up I noticed a size-able blemish on the back of the car (photo below). Has anyone seen this happen to their paint? I feel like it’s going to be expensive to get it fixed, so might just live with it for a bit.

Attachments

• 51C646B7-F275-41DE-9FE5-DBFA16EFE8FA.jpeg
    51C646B7-F275-41DE-9FE5-DBFA16EFE8FA.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 93
I just got the car washed, and as it rolled out & was ready to be picked up I noticed a size-able blemish on the back of the car (photo below). Has anyone seen this happen to their paint? I feel like it’s going to be expensive to get it fixed, so might just live with it for a bit.

Any idea what it is? Is it car wax?

What did you have done at the car wash ? Did the do anything beyond a basic car wash? Did they do a machine polish?

Any idea what it is? Is it car wax?

What did you have done at the car wash ? Did the do anything beyond a basic car wash? Did they do a machine polish?

It almost looks like the paint was heated? I’m not quite sure what’s going on here.

Here’s a photo of the service I got done to the car, nothing that seems out of the ordinary or could’ve caused this.

Attachments

• 4EE241CC-1176-4DE2-BD7E-F2F1137BCBCF.jpeg
    4EE241CC-1176-4DE2-BD7E-F2F1137BCBCF.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 71
I have not seen anything like that.

Personally I would:

1) Use a detail spray and microfiber towel to try and see if it just comes off.

2) If the detail spray does not work, I would try something a bit stronger such as Optimum Power Clean.

Just make sure not to rub so hard that you scratch or swirl the paint.

3) Take it back to the car wash, show them the blemish, and see if they can identify what it is and remove it.

Good luck!

Reactions: silentrider21
I don't recall the exact thread at the moment, but this used to be an issue with some batches of paint from the factory. It looks exactly the same as those pictures. Some vehicles had multiple of these circular blemishes. It was almost impossible to remove as well IIRC, as it's under the topcoat.

It just might be the same factory paint defect and you haven't noticed it until now.

I don't recall the exact thread at the moment, but this used to be an issue with some batches of paint from the factory. It looks exactly the same as those pictures. Some vehicles had multiple of these circular blemishes. It was almost impossible to remove as well IIRC, as it's under the topcoat.

It just might be the same factory paint defect and you haven't noticed it until now.
Yep, this.