Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor BASENOR Custom Tesla Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summer is here and the temperature is rising. Even if the air conditioner is turned on, it can still get very hot and the harsh sunlight can be bothersome. Even though Tesla claims its glass blocks 99% of UV rays, this still often leaves Tesla owners suffering from the heat, especially if you take the Tesla on a road trip or camping.

hot.jpg

Are you interested in a Superior Sun Shade for Your Tesla?

You may find that the OEM Tesla Model Y sunshade is too loose and that it reaches 4 inches below the glass, so it often ends up touching your head while sitting in the rear seats.
Therefore, Basenor custom-designed different sunshades for each model to improve on Tesla’s version.

01.jpg 1.jpg 1.jpg

What makes Basenor unique?

Excellent Material
Unlike other sunshades that use polyester fiber material, Basenor uses polyester fiber and alloy steel, and a double-layer design, which makes it stronger and more durable. The Basenor Sunshade consists of a Sunshade net, a foldable frame, and a reflective cloth. The mesh surface of the sunshade net is smooth, and the mesh diameter is 1mm. The foldable frame is made of manganese steel, which is the best choice for your Tesla.

3&Y.jpg
Tesla Model Y Model 3 Windshield Sunshade Folding Sun Shade Cover

Custom Design & No-Sag
We custom-make molds for Tesla vehicles after rigorous measurement and testing, rather than using common molds on the market, which makes these excellent sunshades from Basenor fit each edge of your Tesla. Comparing other OEM sunshades, these provide better coverage and reduce sagging.

M3.jpgmodel Y new.jpg
Model3:BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades
Model Y: BASENOR Tesla Model Y Glass Roof Sunshade

Lower Temperature & Privacy Protection
Basenor’s Sunshade net reduces car interior temperature by reducing heat transmission into the cabin by blocking two-thirds of solar thermal load. This keeps you cool and happy when you get in your car. No matter where you want to camp or travel, the black material fully ensures secrecy and gives you great space for privacy.

model 3.jpg
Model 3:Tesla Model 3 Sunproof UV Rays and Privacy Protection
Model Y:Tesla Model Y Sunshade Side Windows Rear Windshield Sun Shades

Why Basenor is your best bet?

Basenor is trusted by 200,000+ Tesla Owners since 2017.

We do not compromise on quality and innovation. We are always striving to create the best Tesla products, and each product is accurately measured and tested in many ways to ensure that the product is highly compatible with each Tesla model and is aesthetically improved. Make your Tesla stand out. This is why so many Tesla owners choose us.

Tesla Aftermarket Accessories - BASENOR

Reactions: alangold
I have Basenor seat back covers and a frunk liner… both really good. But I tried the roof sunshades, and I can’t recommend these.

If you look at their Amazon listing (won’t link here but it’s easy to find) you’ll see some videos of the droop and odd-fitment of the roof shades.
Thank you for your support of our products!

We have been actively listening to everyone's opinions and constantly upgrading and revising our products. Many issues mentioned by previous customers have been resolved in the new version.

If you have any good comments, you are also welcome to put them forward.

Reactions: Lindenwood and SL77
I got the front window shade a few weeks ago, from Amazon:

1655904802109.png

It's pretty solid, the fitment is reasonably precise (given what it is), covers edge to edge all the way around, has a cutout with velcro to attach to the rear view mirror - then the sun visors flip up to hold it in place - it stays pretty flush against the window.

I'm sure it reduces temps a bit, since the front window is huge, and helps to prevent a lot of direct sunlight on the dash, display, etc., which will probably keep it in better shape over a long period.

Ours stays in a garage 99% of the time, and I got this specifically for a trip where I knew we'd be parking outside, but there was a notable amount of heat coming in through the roof, so I'd say if you really want some full, effective, heat protection, you probably want to do something about the roof as well.

Anyway, for a properly fitting front window sunscreen, I'd give it a thumbs up :)

Not a fan of sun or moon roofs. The car is a hotbox with the all glass roof. Bought these roof sunshades... they fit fine in my feb 2022 model 3. Added reflectix above them. Sometimes in the evening it's possible to see temperature difference: the insulated part of the roof has condensation.

I got the front window shade a few weeks ago, from Amazon:

View attachment 819577

It's pretty solid, the fitment is reasonably precise (given what it is), covers edge to edge all the way around, has a cutout with velcro to attach to the rear view mirror - then the sun visors flip up to hold it in place - it stays pretty flush against the window.

I'm sure it reduces temps a bit, since the front window is huge, and helps to prevent a lot of direct sunlight on the dash, display, etc., which will probably keep it in better shape over a long period.

Ours stays in a garage 99% of the time, and I got this specifically for a trip where I knew we'd be parking outside, but there was a notable amount of heat coming in through the roof, so I'd say if you really want some full, effective, heat protection, you probably want to do something about the roof as well.

Anyway, for a properly fitting front window sunscreen, I'd give it a thumbs up :)
Thanks for your recognition of our products. We’ll keep working hard and live up to your expectation!

Not a fan of sun or moon roofs. The car is a hotbox with the all glass roof. Bought these roof sunshades... they fit fine in my feb 2022 model 3. Added reflectix above them. Sometimes in the evening it's possible to see temperature difference: the insulated part of the roof has condensation.
Thank you for your support of our products! Looking forward to being of service to you again in the future.

I just received my sunshade. I do like the front its a nice fit and easy to install.

But I feel like the rear on my 2022 Model 3 is a little ghetto. I know it was probably done with only half of the window for visibility in mind but having a visible couple inch gap where the shade ends and window starts just bugs me. Its perfectly functional but it irks me like a car with the headliner falling down.

I think I prefer the full factory tesla shade for the rear. I'll keep it in the front but the half back window is a deal breaker for me. Nice product though.
Maybe if the rear tube was slightly longer you could have it tensioned in so that it kind of forms to the window?

Reactions: mswlogo
I just received my sunshade. I do like the front its a nice fit and easy to install.

But I feel like the rear on my 2022 Model 3 is a little ghetto. I know it was probably done with only half of the window for visibility in mind but having a visible couple inch gap where the shade ends and window starts just bugs me. Its perfectly functional but it irks me like a car with the headliner falling down.

I think I prefer the full factory tesla shade for the rear. I'll keep it in the front but the half back window is a deal breaker for me. Nice product though.
Maybe if the rear tube was slightly longer you could have it tensioned in so that it kind of forms to the window?
Thank you so much for your suggestion!

Regarding the rear of the sunshade, there will be a visible area for driving safety, so that the rear perspective can be seen during driving.

If you are talking about the gap between the window and the sunshade, here is an installation video, maybe you can refer to it. If there is still a gap problem, you can contact us and we will solve the problem for you.