Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor BASENOR Custom Tesla Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summer is here and the temperature is rising. Even if the air conditioner is turned on, it can still get very hot and the harsh sunlight can be bothersome. Even though Tesla claims its glass blocks 99% of UV rays, this still often leaves Tesla owners suffering from the heat, especially if you take the Tesla on a road trip or camping.

hot.jpg

Are you interested in a Superior Sun Shade for Your Tesla?

You may find that the OEM Tesla Model Y sunshade is too loose and that it reaches 4 inches below the glass, so it often ends up touching your head while sitting in the rear seats.
Therefore, Basenor custom-designed different sunshades for each model to improve on Tesla’s version.

01.jpg 1.jpg 1.jpg

What makes Basenor unique?

Excellent Material
Unlike other sunshades that use polyester fiber material, Basenor uses polyester fiber and alloy steel, and a double-layer design, which makes it stronger and more durable. The Basenor Sunshade consists of a Sunshade net, a foldable frame, and a reflective cloth. The mesh surface of the sunshade net is smooth, and the mesh diameter is 1mm. The foldable frame is made of manganese steel, which is the best choice for your Tesla.

3&Y.jpg
Tesla Model Y Model 3 Windshield Sunshade Folding Sun Shade Cover

Custom Design & No-Sag
We custom-make molds for Tesla vehicles after rigorous measurement and testing, rather than using common molds on the market, which makes these excellent sunshades from Basenor fit each edge of your Tesla. Comparing other OEM sunshades, these provide better coverage and reduce sagging.

M3.jpgmodel Y new.jpg
Model3:BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades
Model Y: BASENOR Tesla Model Y Glass Roof Sunshade

Lower Temperature & Privacy Protection
Basenor’s Sunshade net reduces car interior temperature by reducing heat transmission into the cabin by blocking two-thirds of solar thermal load. This keeps you cool and happy when you get in your car. No matter where you want to camp or travel, the black material fully ensures secrecy and gives you great space for privacy.

model 3.jpg
Model 3:Tesla Model 3 Sunproof UV Rays and Privacy Protection
Model Y:Tesla Model Y Sunshade Side Windows Rear Windshield Sun Shades

Why Basenor is your best bet?

Basenor is trusted by 200,000+ Tesla Owners since 2017.

We do not compromise on quality and innovation. We are always striving to create the best Tesla products, and each product is accurately measured and tested in many ways to ensure that the product is highly compatible with each Tesla model and is aesthetically improved. Make your Tesla stand out. This is why so many Tesla owners choose us.

Tesla Aftermarket Accessories - BASENOR

Reactions: alangold
Be aware!

The flimsy Basenor clips for the roof shade get deformed and bent out of shape as a result of continues heating of the plastic material. The result is- the shade keeps losing its grip and falls occasionally. After awhile it is almost impossible to fix it into place, since the deformed clips simply do not hold.
See picture-View attachment 829181
I bought mine in mid 2021 (white ones) and it comes with translucent clips (not black). They do have similar bends/deformations. I haven't had my shades fall out however (knock on wood).

The rear droops a bit in the arch of the rear window like others mention and from outside you can see the reflective layer. The 2022 version doesn't look much different, looks like it just switched to velcro to attach the reflective layer instead of using straps. Did a quick browse on Amazon and it seems the various vendors all have very similar products, didn't see any that really solved the issues pointed out about the rear one.

Last edited:
@BASENOR

I received my shade last week and just tried to install it today. The front section and the back section overlap by 2", which prevents using the tape or the rounded clips to hold both pieces. The side clips seem to just jump out and off the ends too. I don't think the dimensions are refined enough to fit my Model Y, which is now only 3 weeks old, a 2023. I will be returning it to Amazon if I can't get guidance on what is wrong. I have other Basenor products that have installed and expect they will be great...I really want this to be great too.
BASENOR Tesla Model Y Glass Roof Sunshade Sunroof Retractable Sunshade Heat Insulation Roof Window Sun Protection Grey Gen 2