Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor BASENOR Custom Tesla Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summer is here and the temperature is rising. Even if the air conditioner is turned on, it can still get very hot and the harsh sunlight can be bothersome. Even though Tesla claims its glass blocks 99% of UV rays, this still often leaves Tesla owners suffering from the heat, especially if you take the Tesla on a road trip or camping.

hot.jpg

Are you interested in a Superior Sun Shade for Your Tesla?

You may find that the OEM Tesla Model Y sunshade is too loose and that it reaches 4 inches below the glass, so it often ends up touching your head while sitting in the rear seats.
Therefore, Basenor custom-designed different sunshades for each model to improve on Tesla’s version.

01.jpg 1.jpg 1.jpg

What makes Basenor unique?

Excellent Material
Unlike other sunshades that use polyester fiber material, Basenor uses polyester fiber and alloy steel, and a double-layer design, which makes it stronger and more durable. The Basenor Sunshade consists of a Sunshade net, a foldable frame, and a reflective cloth. The mesh surface of the sunshade net is smooth, and the mesh diameter is 1mm. The foldable frame is made of manganese steel, which is the best choice for your Tesla.

3&Y.jpg
Tesla Model Y Model 3 Windshield Sunshade Folding Sun Shade Cover

Custom Design & No-Sag
We custom-make molds for Tesla vehicles after rigorous measurement and testing, rather than using common molds on the market, which makes these excellent sunshades from Basenor fit each edge of your Tesla. Comparing other OEM sunshades, these provide better coverage and reduce sagging.

M3.jpgmodel Y new.jpg
Model3:BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Sunshade Front & Rear Glass Roof Sun Shades
Model Y: BASENOR Tesla Model Y Glass Roof Sunshade

Lower Temperature & Privacy Protection
Basenor’s Sunshade net reduces car interior temperature by reducing heat transmission into the cabin by blocking two-thirds of solar thermal load. This keeps you cool and happy when you get in your car. No matter where you want to camp or travel, the black material fully ensures secrecy and gives you great space for privacy.

model 3.jpg
Model 3:Tesla Model 3 Sunproof UV Rays and Privacy Protection
Model Y:Tesla Model Y Sunshade Side Windows Rear Windshield Sun Shades

Why Basenor is your best bet?

Basenor is trusted by 200,000+ Tesla Owners since 2017.

We do not compromise on quality and innovation. We are always striving to create the best Tesla products, and each product is accurately measured and tested in many ways to ensure that the product is highly compatible with each Tesla model and is aesthetically improved. Make your Tesla stand out. This is why so many Tesla owners choose us.

Tesla Aftermarket Accessories - BASENOR

Reactions: alangold
Just installed the sun roof and back shades a few days ago. The heat reduction is noticeable. Even in the morning, driving into the sun, I can feel it slow roasting me through the windshield. But the cabin feels good as soon as I turn away. Definitely going to get in the habit of putting the rear to the sun when possible.

In general, it's nice to look up and not see the sun in all its glory midday as well.

The rear gap is just fine for visibility.

I do hope you all figure out how to fix the sag on the back shade. Really seems like you could make it bow into the window better.

Did you install according to the installation video? You need to clip the clips to the sunshade first, then push the clips into the window gap. If that doesn't work, you can send us a photo or a short video at [email protected]
I did install carefully according to the instructions. The problem is the trailing edge is basically straight across horizontal but the glass is curved upwards towards the center leaving a gap that's widest in the center. This slightly obstructs the view out the back and it doesn't look as good as it could.

Just installed the sun roof and back shades a few days ago. The heat reduction is noticeable. Even in the morning, driving into the sun, I can feel it slow roasting me through the windshield. But the cabin feels good as soon as I turn away. Definitely going to get in the habit of putting the rear to the sun when possible.

In general, it's nice to look up and not see the sun in all its glory midday as well.

The rear gap is just fine for visibility.

I do hope you all figure out how to fix the sag on the back shade. Really seems like you could make it bow into the window better.
Thanks for your advice.

Regarding the problem of the sagging of the Y-shaped sunshade, we have adopted a split design, which has been solved so far.

As for the problem of model 3, since the glass is curved, we took this problem into consideration when designing. But there seem to be some small flaws, we will keep improving it based on your feedback to make it perfect.

Thanks again for your opinion!

Thanks for your advice.

Regarding the problem of the sagging of the Y-shaped sunshade, we have adopted a split design, which has been solved so far.

As for the problem of model 3, since the glass is curved, we took this problem into consideration when designing. But there seem to be some small flaws, we will keep improving it based on your feedback to make it perfect.

I hate to hijack this reply, but I’ve reached out twice to cancel an order of these from the Basenor site. I wasn’t satisfied with how long my order was sitting in Processing (placed order on the 30th of June), so on the 5th I emailed wanting to cancel after ordering the same product from Amazon. I received it on the 7th and had no response so I sent another email requesting a cancellation. Still no response

I hate to hijack this reply, but I’ve reached out twice to cancel an order of these from the Basenor site. I wasn’t satisfied with how long my order was sitting in Processing (placed order on the 30th of June), so on the 5th I emailed wanting to cancel after ordering the same product from Amazon. I received it on the 7th and had no response so I sent another email requesting a cancellation. Still no response
Sorry to cause you trouble. May I ask which email did you send?
We will definitely reply to the mail, but sometimes the mail will be considered as spam. Please check the spam mailbox to find our mail in time.

Be aware!

The flimsy Basenor clips for the roof shade get deformed and bent out of shape as a result of continues heating of the plastic material. The result is- the shade keeps losing its grip and falls occasionally. After awhile it is almost impossible to fix it into place, since the deformed clips simply do not hold.
See picture-
Basenor deformed clips.jpg

Reactions: GeoG
Be aware!

The flimsy Basenor clips for the roof shade get deformed and bent out of shape as a result of continues heating of the plastic material. The result is- the shade keeps losing its grip and falls occasionally. After awhile it is almost impossible to fix it into place, since the deformed clips simply do not hold.
See picture-View attachment 829181
Thank you. Interested to know how long since you had this installed. I was going to buy a set but I guess you posted your pics at the right time.
I will wait to see how the vendor responds to this.
Thanks again.

Thanks for your advice.

Again, sorry to hijack this post but was curious if the vendor has made any improvements to stop the sag in Model 3’s as stated above.

Be aware!

Interesting. I have roof shade from other company. I will watch out if the same thing ever happens.

In response to your questions:
1. Time:
I bought the Basenor sunroof shade set for my Model-3 less than 2 years ago. It started to slip, lose its grip and fall about a year later. I decided to investigate the issue thoroughly after it fell off again during my last 2 week trip in the Arizona desert in June 2022 (avg day temp 95, max temp 121f). I searched for those (black, difficult to see) clips that fell in the hidden crevasses behind the seats, and to my dismay I saw them all bent out of shape (see my picture posted on 7/16).
2. Regarding clip material:
Looking at similar shades on Amazon, I am pretty confident that they all come from the same Chinese manufacturer, and sold by multiple Chinese middleman. They all use the same clips made from the same irresponsible, unfit and thermally unstable cheap plastic.
3. Replacement clips
Basenor does not sell those clips separately, so I have found a few suppliers on Amazon: Yooyat, mixsuper, sumk, Jarnox, and purchased a set from one. The replacement clips I have received are the same not-so-good-plastic. I may paint them red, so that I can find them next time the fall off.....

My next trip will put them to the test- next week I am driving round trip from LA to San Francisco.

Reactions: GeoG
Be aware!

Hi there, your order was placed on September 6, 2020, and it has been over a year since now. Not sure if it is really deformed by high temperature. But you contacted us in the mail and we took care of that for you and send you the new clips.
Would like to know do you still have questions?

Thank you. Interested to know how long since you had this installed. I was going to buy a set but I guess you posted your pics at the right time.
I will wait to see how the vendor responds to this.
Thanks again.
We do not sell clips individually. You can find that majority of suppliers use this clip or even lower quality ones. It is also the first time that we have heard feedback on the issues mentioned by Exscite. We provided him with a new clip when he reached out to us via email.