Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Basenor wind noise reduction kit makes a very positive difference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TBH the Quiet Seal kit is so easy to install you can do it with your penis. You dont need a left arm for that. In fact get rid of your arm I'm sure Elon Musk will be making prosthetics soon enough. You can use your robotic arm to integrate with your car. In fact get rid of your penis too, wait for the Elon Musk penis prosthetic and use it as a key for the car. Omg the possibilities are endless.

I might do a DB test myself once my car gets here. I have both kits sitting in a box waiting for my Model 3.

EDIT: I hope OP isnt a lady :eek:
I can hear it now.
“Honey, why are you humping the roof of your car?”

Finally drove the Tesla (it’s been raining...I drive the jeep when it’s raining).

At 68 and 78mph I found zero difference in noise. At low speeds it seems to make a difference. But nothing big imho.

My car is a 400k VIN. so fairly recent, my body gaps are fantastic and that may very well be why some hear differences in their cars (and meters confirm it) while others like me don’t, I don’t pretend to know. Certainly not arrogant enough to think the other people are full of *sugar*.

I’m considering dynamat in doors. But it will depend on my level of annoyance with the noise levels. They are comparable to my jeep, my wife’s BMW 335i, and my dad’s Tacoma. So nothing bad in my opinion. Much quieter than my Lotus.

Phone decibel meter agreed with my ears perception of the noise levels. I have files. But it’s nothing worth posting honestly.

Last edited: