Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bashed Supercharger - who to inform??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on my first longish road trip. I stopped into the charger at Dickson, TN to stay the night and get a full charge
Noted that one of the charging stations had been backed into and had a broken case near the bottom.

How / who do I inform that this has happened?
Could not find any issue reporting information on the Tesla site, but I do want to tell somebody...

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I am on my first longish road trip. I stopped into the charger at Dickson, TN to stay the night and get a full charge
Noted that one of the charging stations had been backed into and had a broken case near the bottom.

Could not find any issue reporting information on the Tesla site, but I do want to tell somebody...
You can call to report it at 1-877-798-3752. This number is shown on all Supercharger stalls. Unfortunately this now usually has a long wait (it used to have almost immediate response)
or email [email protected]

• Informative
Reactions: Bacalao and TexasEV
You can call to report it at 1-877-798-3752. This number is shown on all Supercharger stalls. Unfortunately this now usually has a long wait (it used to have almost immediate response)
or email [email protected]

I called that general Tesla number a couple of weekends ago to report an inoperative supercharger stall near me. Was listening to hold music for a good 30 minutes before getting someone. They told me that on the weekends, the line is only for emergency roadside, make a report on the website instead, or call during the week. They won't take any reports of broken chargers on the weekend.

My home town. Already took care of that report. In the queue.

You can also just send an email to [email protected]. Something to do while you are waiting to charge. You don't really need a response. Although I've gotten a thank you within a day or two.

I have actually sent a photo of the defective charger with an email to both [email protected] and [email protected] and have gotten notes of thanks back and the chargers get priority for repair. I think that it is our responsibility to report damaged or nonfunctioning superchargers when we are made aware to make the network better for everyone. Add these emails to your cell phone and send a picture of the defective chargers to the addresses.

Pass the word!

Mike P