Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Basic question on free charging & referrals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Prairie

Model X LR 2022 delivered after 453 days
Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2021
Nebraska
will someday, hopefully soon, get my first Tesla. It is my understanding I get no free supercharging. Do I get any free charging for using someone’s referral code? Do they get some even if I don’t get any? How does this work? Thank you.

will someday, hopefully soon, get my first Tesla. It is my understanding I get no free supercharging. Do I get any free charging for using someone’s referral code? Do they get some even if I don’t get any? How does this work? Thank you.
It depends on when you placed your order. See Referral Program

I am trying to open a discussion about why I only got half of what I believe I was promised. I made a self-referral which in the past, meant I got both sides, 1,000 miles twice. So far, I've only gotten 1,000.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prairie
It depends on when you placed your order. See Referral Program

I am trying to open a discussion about why I only got half of what I believe I was promised. I made a self-referral which in the past, meant I got both sides, 1,000 miles twice. So far, I've only gotten 1,000.
Thank you for the link. I could not find it anywhere. It looks like im eligible since i ordered by MX in June 2021. Now, how to get those free miles? When and whete does one enter a referral code? Can i do it at delivery, considering i cant get anywhere other than delivery EDD on my Tesla app. Thank you for ypur help.
Ordered
Product(s)
Ordered DateEligible Awards
Model S
Model 3
Model X
Model Y
Ordered between June 1, 2021 and September 17, 2021Referred Customer:
1,000 miles of free Supercharging*

Referrer:

Thank you for the link. I could not find it anywhere. It looks like im eligible since i ordered by MX in June 2021. Now, how to get those free miles? When and whete does one enter a referral code? Can i do it at delivery, considering i cant get anywhere other than delivery EDD on my Tesla app. Thank you for ypur help.
Ordered
Product(s)
Ordered DateEligible Awards
Model S
Model 3
Model X
Model Y
Ordered between June 1, 2021 and September 17, 2021Referred Customer:

Referrer:

If you did not enter the code at the time you ordered, I don't know if you can add it now, since the program no longer exists.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
If you did not enter the code at the time you ordered, I don't know if you can add it now, since the program no longer exists.
If the program no longer exists, why do they have it on the website with the 2021 Model X? since I was naive/innocent/ignorant about it and much of Tesla when I ordered, I can believe that I’m out of luck since I already ordered. But the program not existing?

If the program no longer exists, why do they have it on the website with the 2021 Model X? since I was naive/innocent/ignorant about it and much of Tesla when I ordered, I can believe that I’m out of luck since I already ordered. But the program not existing?

I suspect it is because many folks used the promotion on cars that are just being delivered now. It went away as of September 18, 2021. But that would make it applicable to many orders that are just now being delivered. It appears on the web site as a "past" promotion with date limits, not a current promotion. "As of September 18, 2021, vehicle products are no longer eligible for Referral awards." That is why I am not sure the promotion can be added now, even if you ordered last year.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and Prairie
I suspect it is because many folks used the promotion on cars that are just being delivered now. It went away as of September 18, 2021. But that would make it applicable to many orders that are just now being delivered. It appears on the web site as a "past" promotion with date limits, not a current promotion. "As of September 18, 2021, vehicle products are no longer eligible for Referral awards." That is why I am not sure the promotion can be added now, even if you ordered last year.
Thank you. I guess I’ll have remember to ask whenever my X is delivered