Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Basic Questions on Phone App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't use my cell phone often, so I am not familiar with all of the options available. However, I do have some basic questions.

When I have called up the app on my cell phone, how can I tell what version it is? My phone is an Android.

I sometimes get a notice that there is a newer version available that I need to get. Which brings up the next question. How do I get the latest version when I already have the app that I am now using?

And lastly, is there an easy way to turn off the app when I am done using it? I do not see an 'exit' or 'off' option anywhere.

When I have called up the app on my cell phone, how can I tell what version it is? My phone is an Android.

I sometimes get a notice that there is a newer version available that I need to get. Which brings up the next question. How do I get the latest version when I already have the app that I am now using?

And lastly, is there an easy way to turn off the app when I am done using it? I do not see an 'exit' or 'off' option anywhere.

1. I use the tesla app on an iPhone, but the app layout for this should be the same. Click the icon in the upper right corner of the app that looks like a person (the profile icon). Scroll all the way to the bottom of the resultant screen, and the app version is at the bottom, along with the email address you use for your tesla account.

2. You use the phones native app updating process. On android phone that is the google play store. You update all apps on your phone and if there is an update for the tesla app it will happen with the rest of them.

3. You dont need to "turn it off", which is why you dont see an exit / off button. you can swipe it away if you want, but thats not necessary either.

Thanks, jj. I could not find an icon in the upper right corner that looks like a person. ???

Cell Phone A.jpg