Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Basic summon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are going to look at a LR AWD model 3 tomorrow but I have a question on basic summon. Does it still exist if I don't buy FSD? I would like to back the car out of the garage after unplugging it in the morning to make it easier to get in.

No, summon is part of FSD (for current vehicles). You will have no form of summon on a new tesla unless you purchase FSD.

When I scroll down my Notifications page on my app I can check mark
Summon Started
Summon Complete
Summon Failed

Does that mean I can Summon my car 2020-01-03_12-57-56.png ?

This goes back to someone else that was asking a related question
How can I tell if I have FSD?

I don't see any information in my purchase agreement

If you have a "purchase agreement" did you buy your car new? If so, you know whether you bought FSD / EAP or not. Those threads were for people trying to buy used tesla's.

You can also look into your online account and it will tell you inside your online account for the car what you have attached to it. You also would see a "summon" setting on the main screen in the app, which you can obviously access if you are drilling down to app notifications.

If you already own the car, there are multiple places to see what you have... I am not understanding the question, frankly....

Of note, the car never "came with" either enhanced autopilot (EAP) or Full self driving (FSD). One of those two is required to get summon feature.

In Addition a "Tesla Model 3 Summon set-up and demonstration" you tube video
shows an autopilot screen where you enable summon.2020-01-04_8-08-07.png I DON"T have that entry in my autopilot menu
yet there are 3 entries in my notifications app about Summon.
Do you see why I'm confused?

shows an autopilot screen where you enable summon.View attachment 496388 I DON"T have that entry in my autopilot menu

If it isn’t listed on your purchase agreement or in you MyTesla page on the website, then you don’t have FSD or EAP which is required for Summon (even the normal one).

Here is what is shown on my My Tesla under Options.

CC6B9898-1003-43C6-8EA2-40F95CF329DF.jpeg

shows an autopilot screen where you enable summon.View attachment 496388 I DON"T have that entry in my autopilot menu

no, because you should know whether you purchased full self driving / EAP or not, and your tesla account will say whether you have those two things attached to your account. I dont understand why "you tube videos" have you confused, vs what you paid for.

Don't be confused, you don't have summon in that Model 3.

Now, do you have any other Tesla car in your account or in the App?