TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Battery 85 kw for sale

Discussion in 'Canada' started by tume28, Mar 5, 2017.

1. tume28

tume28 Member

Hello I am buying a salvage tesla to repair my salvage tesla. I just need the body parts. I looking for someone interest in buying the battery. I can also sell the module separately. I am looking for a canadian buyer, It will be more easy for shipping.
    I sell the battery 12 000$ can or the modules 1000$ can. It is a really good price compare to what you see on eBay.

2. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

How many kms on the battery, do you know?

3. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

Tesla won't install a salvage anything on a Tesla, for obvious reasons. You won't be able to get it installed, unless things have changed or I have been misled.
    I would selectively inquire with Tesla about this before installing a salvage battery in another Tesla.

4. agloutney

agloutney Member

Can you install that in a software limited 60D? Converting it to an 85D.

5. tume28

tume28 Member

I have not bought the car. But I will do next week or the other week depending of the auction. I like to buy a 2015 with around 40 000 km.
    I would have like to find someone who need the battery before purchasing the car so I buy a car that fit his need and mine.

It is possible to swap battery but It will be difficult to get support from tesla after. They probably need to inspect the car in sc. There is some peoples on this forum that know how to reprogram the mcu after changing the battery. The ingineer can do it and he don't have to have access to the car.

Yes you can install it but you cannot install any model s battery in any model s. I think there is some thing about the manufacturing year.

6. tume28

tume28 Member

When I was thinking of selling the battery, I was thinking more of selling the battery module for other purpose like in solar project or in electric car conversion. But battery swapping is possible but you need to do it by yourself and tesla won't tell you it is good idea.