Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery charge start time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 MYLR. I’ve set my battery to start charging at midnight every night. It always worked. Now it defaults to start charging for a departure time at 9:00 am. Every time that I change it to start at midnight, it then defaults to departure time at 9:00 am again for the next day. I have never set it for departure time, but it always changes on its own to departure time. This started happening after the last software update. I have version 2021.36.5.1. I don’t know if it’s related to the update, though. Any suggestions?

I have a 2021 MYLR. I’ve set my battery to start charging at midnight every night. It always worked. Now it defaults to start charging for a departure time at 9:00 am. Every time that I change it to start at midnight, it then defaults to departure time at 9:00 am again for the next day. I have never set it for departure time, but it always changes on its own to departure time. This started happening after the last software update. I have version 2021.36.5.1. I don’t know if it’s related to the update, though. Any suggestions?
Notice the same -- turned off the departure time on the phone -- but went out the next morning and the car was running and up to temp at the time that I had turned off. 2021.36.5.5
I just downloaded 2021.36.8 -- I'll see tomorrow morning if that fixed the problem.

Notice the same -- turned off the departure time on the phone -- but went out the next morning and the car was running andl up to temp at the time that I had turned off. 2021.36.5.5
I just downloaded 2021.36.8 -- I'll see tomorrow morning if that fixed the problem.
Well this mornings jaunt proved that something changed with 36.8 update. After making sure that all the scheduled departure and preconditioning and charging were off before I went to bed - the car didn't do anything. It was stone cold, just as I wanted it. BUT however I did need to open up the Tesla app and get it running on the phone before the car would let me use it. This is getting OLD -- for months I just needed to walk up to the car and it would recognize my phone, and let me start it.