Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery concerns/questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a 2016 Model X Signature, P90DL with approx 50K miles. Great car, but thinking about selling and getting an S instead.

Starting to wonder about the battery as the battery warrantee expires in a year and a half, and I have no idea whether the battery is good for another month or five years. I thought there was a diagnositic on the touch screen but no longer see it.

so two questions. First, is there any way to know about the battery future lifespan?

Second, what would a replacement battery cost for the X, more or less? Or, how do I find out?

thanks,

Jordan

Have a 2016 Model X Signature, P90DL with approx 50K miles. Great car, but thinking about selling and getting an S instead.

Starting to wonder about the battery as the battery warrantee expires in a year and a half, and I have no idea whether the battery is good for another month or five years. I thought there was a diagnositic on the touch screen but no longer see it.

so two questions. First, is there any way to know about the battery future lifespan?

Second, what would a replacement battery cost for the X, more or less? Or, how do I find out?

thanks,

Jordan
I saw a thread where it was $10-$25k and another thread said MCU2 you can run battery health in service menu.

Last edited: