Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Confusion [ Lithium ion 12v Vs HV battery]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the part of the window sticker you’re referring to is actually talking about having a lithium ion battery for the low voltage system (to run 12v components). They updated that a little while ago. Since you have a long range, your high voltage battery is Lithium NMC. The standard range gets the LFP (lithium iron phosphate) battery.

Reactions: Gasaraki
Sorry if this has been answered but…I have a 2022 Model 3 LR manufactured in 5/2022. The window sticker says it has a lithium ion battery but the graphic on the charging screen has the daily range gauge. Is there anyway to confirm which battery I have?

Your car has the lithium ion 12V battery. That has nothing to do at all with the very large battery that is used to propel the car forward, which is the "high voltage" battery.

You have a lithium ion 12v battery, and the regular NCA battery for high voltage. There are NO Long range / Performance model 3 vehicles that we are aware of currently with the "LFP" high voltage battery.

Reactions: Gasaraki