TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Battery Cost R&D future/predictions by an industry expert - thought this one was good

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Quant, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Quant

Quant Member

I am definitely not a fan of Seeking Alpha. IMO, too many who write for them have ulterior motives and may be paid by short hedge funds.

But this one seemed different, and since I am NOT knowledgeable in this area, I thought maybe some here on this board may be able to chime in on what this author is saying....

The Future Of Batteries For The Tesla Model 3 And Chevy Bolt - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

I see this future glide path as potentially very revolutionary and frankly I am excited with the possibilities 5-7 years down the road. I am in TSLA for the very long term and so I really don't care much what happens to the stock price in the next year or two, or three......

2. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Active Member

Are these $100/kWh estimates for 5 years down the line realistic? Will most home battery tech be at this price point around 2020? Could I buy a 25kWh aqueous hybrid battery for $4k at retail soon enough?

Sick.