Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery daily vs. trip charge recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me or was there an update where the trip region is now 90 or 100%? The scale that you can adjust in my first 9 months of owning the car had it at 80% for daily and anything above is "trip." It seemed to have changed after I charged to 100% for the first time when I was doing a road trip from SF to Vegas.

Is it just me or was there an update where the trip region is now 90 or 100%? The scale that you can adjust in my first 9 months of owning the car had it at 80% for daily and anything above is "trip." It seemed to have changed after I charged to 100% for the first time when I was doing a road trip from SF to Vegas.

I've had my Tesla cars since 2012 or the past 10 years, and the "trip" region above 90% has never changed. 90% and down to 50% are "daily" and it has been the same for me.

My trip is also 90%-100%

F6571FB2-BE2C-4311-9235-73F93B1E3ECF.jpeg

So I'm a little confused by this (noob alert).

I noticed the graphic above, and generally my car is charging to 90%. I just scheduled a departure for this morning thinking that would trigger it to charge to 100%? But I don't see any evidence of that.

When does it decide to charge for a "Trip" to 100% before departure exactly?

I noticed the graphic above, and generally my car is charging to 90%. I just scheduled a departure for this morning thinking that would trigger it to charge to 100%? But I don't see any evidence of that.

You set charge limit yourself, its not automatic. Do this in the app or move the arrow on the graphic in the car.

You always have to set the maximum SOC you want, either on the charging screen in the car or on the Tesla App.

I've had my Tesla cars since 2012 or the past 10 years, and the "trip" region above 90% has never changed. 90% and down to 50% are "daily" and it has been the same for me.
Me too and I was initally confused when they changed the "Trip range setting" to 80% and above. Both my 2013 and 2017 were 90% and above.

The trip range is different on my 2021. It's now 80% and above.