Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery day: anyone on the fence about buying before Battery Day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was 14,4XX and I’m almost certain no one got screwed over on that Q3 push more than me. My sales rep was acting real weird at delivery. I should have known. Oh and I delayed delivery for financing reasons. My wife even told me to wait and get it around Xmas but nope I was the dummy that bought a $120K MX that was obsolete in 14......DAYS!!!!! Feel free to laugh I won’t be offended. Well it got me on Caffeine and Exotics tv show.

17,8XX. I'm pretty sure I got one of last hundred with hw1. I was also invested in TSLA back then and wanted my purchase to help their delivery numbers. Yes, my sales rep was acting weird too and wouldn't ship the vehicle until they had received payment in full. I still love my MX, though.

• Informative
Reactions: LicenseToDrive
17,8XX. I'm pretty sure I got one of last hundred with hw1. I was also invested in TSLA back then and wanted my purchase to help their delivery numbers. Yes, my sales rep was acting weird too and wouldn't ship the vehicle until they had received payment in full. I still love my MX, though.
Oooooh, I feel your pain. You may have me beat. I wonder if there are more of us HW1/AP1 pre October suckers...I mean deliveries.

Reactions: mikevbf
My wife and I pulled the trigger and put in an order for a MY FSD. We've been very, very interested in watching the possible battery improvements, and the one piece casting design, but we've been putting this off for too long -- so we did it! The "Welcome to the Tesla Family" call from our advisor was amazing. Really amazing. The purchase experience (so far) is such a breath of fresh air. Thanks to all of the good advise from the rest of you on this forum (and our Space Coast EV Drivers friends), we're going into this with eyes wide open. As blue_skies said: You Only Live Once! Thanks Brent!

Reactions: mikevbf
My wife and I pulled the trigger and put in an order for a MY FSD. We've been very, very interested in watching the possible battery improvements, and the one piece casting design, but we've been putting this off for too long -- so we did it! The "Welcome to the Tesla Family" call from our advisor was amazing. Really amazing. The purchase experience (so far) is such a breath of fresh air. Thanks to all of the good advise from the rest of you on this forum (and our Space Coast EV Drivers friends), we're going into this with eyes wide open. As blue_skies said: You Only Live Once! Thanks Brent!

""The Welcome to the Tesla Family" call from our advisor was amazing". wow nice treatment from FL advisor. Let's hope they are just as wonderful for you during delivery :) and post delivery ;)

We've been very, very interested in watching the possible battery improvements, and the one piece casting design, but we've been putting this off for too long -- so we did it!

The one-piece casting design is another reason to wait, IMO. This design should improve safety, increase range and lower production cost (but probably not retail cost). It was reported today that it is already in production at Freemont.