Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery day expectations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after much back and forth, I've finally decided to get rid of my 2016 MX and get into a new LR+ - was looking over ev-cpo for any good deals, but just heard that Battery day is around the corner.
Does that usually come with any meaningful updates/changes ? Should i wait to order?

(and yes, waiting always means newer tech etc, but I am asking if Battery day is usually the harbringer of such change in a meaningful fashion)

No one outside of Tesla really knows. However, I am speculating that at least m3 and my have been shipping since the start of the year with at least the Maxwell dry electrode tech which gives a modest density increase but mainly reduces manufacturing cost. My thinking is that’s what they did on AI day with the new mc3 chip. Elon is very aware of the Osborne effect and wouldn’t announce something for the future that would make people wait. They could then unlock additional range with see after battery day.

Reactions: theonetheonly