TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Battery decay

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by Virenb, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Virenb

Virenb New Member

If I left the model X on the street how many miles would I loose a day by not driving it?

2. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

After 365 days approximately my fully charged 18650 lithium ion flashlight cell was down to 3.4 volts from the full charge 4.2v.
    No usage the first 6 months, thereafter very limited usage. So left alone these cells are certainly good for at least a year.

A 'survival mode' option would be nice to have available which would disconnect cells, strings, bricks and modules at the lowest
    level possible preparing for a near future of complete neglect. Sure the 12 volt battery would die first but the lithium ion cells
    could hold on for possibly a year or two.
    --

3. animorph

animorph Member

It does depend on your settings of "always on" and a few other things. Between 4 miles to 10 miles per day seems common. The losses are due to "vampire" drains from the electronics not being totally off, not from the battery self discharging.

• Like x 3
  4. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

The title should perhaps say, 'charge decay (or loss)' and not 'battery decay' which is different