Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery degradation - 14% in 2 yrs and 24k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Presumably if the rest of the fleet had had a recalibration at the same point it would be closer to where you are now.

Interesting thought. I wonder if the recalibration could be done in reverse meaning, plug in at a low state of charge and then charge/pause all the way up to 95%. Could be a feature if you knew you wouldn't be using it for a day or two.

Interesting thought. I wonder if the recalibration could be done in reverse meaning, plug in at a low state of charge and then charge/pause all the way up to 95%. Could be a feature if you knew you wouldn't be using it for a day or two.

Yep, I'm sure that will work. It just needs to take a measurement, how it got there doesn't matter.

That is correct. According to the guide that was linked before the basic idea behind it is to allow the BMS to take different calibration points under consideration by letting the car stay at different charging levels for a couple of hours. I don't think going up or down will make a difference. I guess the main reason everybody does it by going down is that it is easier to do so :)