Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery degradation after 9000 km?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have all day to read them. Hopefully someone can explain in this thread.
Thats actually pretty funny....

not sure you realize what you are saying, which in effect is:

"I dont have time to search, nor do I have time to read any of the other many threads on this topic. I want someone else to take the time to post something in this thread, even though they may have posted discussion in other threads that might apply to me".

In any case, The answer to your original question is "yes".

Just in case you change your mind and decide to want to read some of the other many threads on this topic:

Last edited:
I don't have all day to read them. Hopefully someone can explain in this thread.

@ mods, we need an auto-responder to new "battery degradation?" threads that just posts all the links to the threads just posted above, and delays the new thread for 48 hours to give the person time to read them before asking a 'new' question in a new thread instead of just asking in an existing one (or getting their answer from reading without having to ask again).

At least a sticky with a link to these threads as OP with some general description for people to read before posting the same "battery degradation?" thread once a day. This will only get worse as 10,000 Model 3s get sold every week :)

If you agree with this idea, report this post and tell the mods you agree.

Last edited:
Reactions: kailm and XLR82XS

"I dont have time to search, nor do I have time to read any of the other many threads on this topic. I want someone else to take the time to post something in this thread, even though they may have posted discussion in other threads that might apply to me".

Just in case you change your mind and decide to want to read some of the other many threads on this topic:

It's a shame I can only click 'like' once on this post.

Reactions: jjrandorin
@darth_vad3r , when I wrote that post, I was actually thinking about you and @AlanSubie4Life , who normally post all sorts of helpful information in most of these battery threads. I was thinking about how many times you guys had typed out the same general information, in dozens of threads.

I also remember what forums "used" to be like, instead of where we are now, which is much more of a "post before looking" type situation. I was somewhat disappointed in the OPs position of "I dont have all day to read the other posts, so I need someone to post it here".

Reactions: darth_vad3r
@darth_vad3r , when I wrote that post, I was actually thinking about you and @AlanSubie4Life , who normally post all sorts of helpful information in most of these battery threads. I was thinking about how many times you guys had typed out the same general information, in dozens of threads.

I also remember what forums "used" to be like, instead of where we are now, which is much more of a "post before looking" type situation. I was somewhat disappointed in the OPs position of "I dont have all day to read the other posts, so I need someone to post it here".

I edited my last post to add a suggestion for a sticky at least if not an auto-responder.... and if you agree with the idea, report my post and say that so the mods see it.

I appreciate the sentiment, but If we were going to have a battery degradation sticky, I honestly think the one with the video is the one that should be stickied.

This one: Battery Degradation Scientifically Explained

That should be a sticky thread, as I keep having to search to find it, and its probably one of the best threads on the topic here that I remember reading.

Pehaps I should have explained why. I have 2 little babies at home 16 months apart and another older child. I live 120km from work and am preparing to sell my house (so we can live closer to work). I only get max 5 hours sleep per night if I am lucky. I barely have time to post a problem, let alone research one. A couple of clicks is no issue. Reading pages and pages of opinion is a problem for me at the moment. I which there was a FAQ that could give me accurate "Tesla Approved" answers. I used to use Tesla Chat and it no longer works (At least not for me on 3 devices. Perhaps it no longer works in Canada). So please excuse my questions if you don't have time to answer, then please don't.

Pehaps I should have explained why. I have 2 little babies at home 16 months apart and another older child. I live 120km from work and am preparing to sell my house (so we can live closer to work). I only get max 5 hours sleep per night if I am lucky. I barely have time to post a problem, let alone research one. A couple of clicks is no issue. Reading pages and pages of opinion is a problem for me at the moment. I which there was a FAQ that could give me accurate "Tesla Approved" answers. I used to use Tesla Chat and it no longer works (At least not for me on 3 devices. Perhaps it no longer works in Canada). So please excuse my questions if you don't have time to answer, then please don't.

But i did answer. I answered your original question of "is this normal" with "yes". I also provided you with plenty of examples of others asking the same question that you could look at, or dont. What exactly do you have a problem with, with my answer?

But i did answer. I answered your original question of "is this normal" with "yes". I also provided you with plenty of examples of others asking the same question that you could look at, or dont. What exactly do you have a problem with, with my answer?
Thanks for answering. Could have left out the scolding however. No, I don't have time to search and read loads of opinion. I barely have time to sleep. I forgot to mention that I am also dealing with taking care of inlaws with severe and moderate dementia, who refuse care.
i do really miss the Tesla chat that just got me the right answers that I needed and fast.