Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Degradation and Rated Range explained

TimothyHW3

Jun 2, 2019
Germany
I promised a video explaining why your actual rated range is only 95% of your 0-100% and why you can't drive at EPA rated consumption and reach EPA rated range and here it is. This is the first part. I plan on driving at EPA rated consumption to show you, based on the BMS information from OBD II and the display in the car, the difference.

A lot of different people have come to the same conclusion and I have a link in the video to a Tweet from Elon Musk, confirming the buffer is below 0% and that there is potentially another hidden buffer below that.

Here is a post from the S forum confirming my findings
This is why you can't get 'rated range'

If you have any questions let me know.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC