Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery degradation on 2022 X Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

This is my first Tesla. Just wondering if it's normal to have 1.5% battery degradation (according to Tessie app) on 2022 X Plaid with 2400 miles? My current max @100% is only 301. I thought X plaid was 311 miles? TIA

My 2022 MXP has dropped 10 miles of range in the first 8k miles since delivered in April.

My 2015 P85D took 50k miles and 4 years to lose just 8 miles of range. Pretty unhappy with this among many other issues. Getting nearly ready to throw in the towel. It’s had 80+ day in service with multiple issues never fixed.

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
My 2022 MXP has dropped 10 miles of range in the first 8k miles since delivered in April.

My 2015 P85D took 50k miles and 4 years to lose just 8 miles of range. Pretty unhappy with this among many other issues. Getting nearly ready to throw in the towel. It’s had 80+ day in service with multiple issues never fixed.
You can easily check the battery health in the service mode without charging. But honestly, a 10 mile loss is really negligible. Set the vehicle to display % energy and don't sweat the small stuff.

Reactions: henderrj
You can easily check the battery health in the service mode without charging. But honestly, a 10 mile loss is really negligible. Set the vehicle to display % energy and don't sweat the small stuff.

Yea, that battery health meter lies. It says 100% but the BMS, through the CANBUS, says I've lost 3 kwh of capacity. Just north of 94 now when it was just north of 97 when brand new.

I will say that I've charged to 100% far more in 8K miles than I did in my P85D in 135K miles because any time I leave on a trip that requires any supercharging, I charge as much at home as possible which is free for me (currently overproducing solar since I haven't installed yet all the heat pumps that will use the capacity I have).

Also, the service center changed my charge percent from 80 to 100% and left it fully charged for several days. I suspect THAT is what did most of the damage. I was pissed. Sending them multiple frantic messages to please discharge the battery. I finally made the 3 hour drive JUST to get them to burn down the charge since they wouldn't respond to me in the app.

Other than that, the car sits at about 50% when stored at home. I only charge up right before leaving on a trip so even if I do charge to 100%, it's only there for a few minutes..and actually not really 100% but more like 98 to 99% still charging when I unplug to take off.