TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Battery Degradation? Only 70% available in my 2 months old MX?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by SoCal Tsla, Jun 8, 2017.

1. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

What did Tesla say when you talked to them?

My two cents: If there is truly a problem, then I don't blame you for posting. But posting this video BEFORE talking to them just feels click-baity.

Hopefully if you realize that there is nothing wrong, you post another video correcting that.

• Like x 1
  3. MXFan

MXFan Member

It sounds like you don't charge everyday and what you are experiencing is "phantom loss". Your car uses KWh even when you are not using it, but that loss does not show up on the trip screen. What you see on the instrument cluster is KWh usage for driving miles only.

4. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

images.jpg

• Funny x 6
    • Love x 1
  5. RayW

RayW Member

And the story concludes with “use my referral code”? Strange.

6. MasterT

MasterT Member

How is that relevant and why do you care? Stick it up to him and DONT use his referral code.
    Or, do you imply that because of "use my referral code" his battery (allegedly) "degraded"?:D

7. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

#7 BluestarE3, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Not questioning the OP's motive, but if the content of the video is about a perceived battery degradation issue, who would want to buy a Tesla at all after watching it, let alone use your (or anybody's) referral code? If the goal is to rack up referrals, wouldn't it be more effective to post effusive videos about how great a car a Tesla is? (Not to mention that Tesla has vowed to crack down on "YouTubers" hawking their referral codes)

On the other hand, if the goal is to get help with a possible problem or to get a question answered, then just pose it here (in text) on the forums. If a photo or video is needed to help demonstrate or document the issue, then by all means post that. However, if the only way to learn about your question/problem is to watch your video, then people will be leery of your motive and may avoid even looking at it... and you'll be deprived of the help you may be seeking.

Just to show I'm not a total curmudgeon, I really like your "lifestyle" videos featuring you and your family. :)

8. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

Yeah sure, I'm going to the SC this week or next for another issue. Will definitely correct it if it's not a real issue. It feels so much more than just the phantom drain...

9. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

Yeah I was aware of that, but this drain is so much more than the typical phantom drain (I heard that it should be like 1-2% per 8 hours). This time it's like 30% disappeared within 1-2 days.

And yeah for the past few weeks I'm not charging everyday coz I need to go to somewhere close to the supercharger 3 times a week lol.

10. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

If I thought my battery had degraded 30% overnight, I'd be there first thing when they opened. So I suspect you don't think it's serious, either. :) In the meantime, you can keep getting clicks on your video!

11. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

Oh that was just a ending I always add to my videos lol

12. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

Thanks for your support for the "lifestyle" videos;) I just told myself that I want to start a channel, make 4 videos a week and discuss as I find out more about my MX, so this is just part of the "findings", not really with a specific motive. For sure it will be nice if someone uses my referral code but that's not really the ultimate purpose anyway (and it makes no sense as I have spend hundreds of hours making those videos and haven't got even the toy car referral yet lol)

13. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

It's not overnight, I think more like in 2.5 days or so (not saying that it's not bad)... Just got rather busy with work and want to schedule it after the deadline... You should see my cracked falcon wing door glass that I'm going to the SC for, I think that's worse than the battery issue coz I'm not doing a lot of driving in the coming week anyway...