Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Degradation/Range Loss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good stuff. I'm at about 3% loss at 10k miles, but I'm not sure if that's a balancing issue or normal.

Strangely, they guess 92% capacity at 100k miles, but their most representative sample (the car with the highest miles) had 94% at 52k. That's kind of unusual, given that range loss is due to both usage and time. That is to say, all things equal, a 4 year old vehicle with X miles should have less range than the same vehicle with X miles at 1 year old. I wonder what factored in to that discrepancy?

Tom Saxton had some nice visuals for his data at TMC Connect... would have been nice to see something similar here.

Actually they mention one vehicle from the Plug in America study (Second Link) which had about 92,000 miles and still about 92% of capacity.

Good stuff. I'm at about 3% loss at 10k miles, but I'm not sure if that's a balancing issue or normal.

Strangely, they guess 92% capacity at 100k miles, but their most representative sample (the car with the highest miles) had 94% at 52k. That's kind of unusual, given that range loss is due to both usage and time. That is to say, all things equal, a 4 year old vehicle with X miles should have less range than the same vehicle with X miles at 1 year old. I wonder what factored in to that discrepancy?

Tom Saxton had some nice visuals for his data at TMC Connect... would have been nice to see something similar here.