Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Degradation - Two Model Y's - P vs AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been driving my Y in chill mode minus launching it from stoplights and canyons since delivery and in 2 months and 2.3k miles It is showing 308 at full charge (Stealth P) and lifetime at 375wh/mi which seems insane to me. I am only getting 200 miles MAX per charge, usually a tad less. I will see how it averages out, and ill recalibrate BMS this weekend.

Here is my range loss according to Teslafi. Screen shot was taken now. Sudden an precipitous. Should I be concerned. I’ve tried the battery reset to no avail, similar to what people have been saying on this forum.

That looks like 2-3% over 12,000 miles if you just look at the spike downward.. otherwise it seemed pretty flat overall. The line in TeslaFi is a little odd in that its a starting and end point, not a linear average over time.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Here is my range loss according to Teslafi. Screen shot was taken now. Sudden an precipitous. Should I be concerned. I’ve tried the battery reset to no avail, similar to what people have been saying on this forum.
Should you be concerned? Nope. The estimated range is based on battery management system fully "understanding" the state of charge of each cell, and thus to truly get the picture you should charge to 100% and then drive (same day is preferable) till battery is at 10%.

Or, you can do what us experienced Tesla owners recommend: change your display to % charged rather than the estimated remaining miles.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Should you be concerned? Nope. The estimated range is based on battery management system fully "understanding" the state of charge of each cell, and thus to truly get the picture you should charge to 100% and then drive (same day is preferable) till battery is at 10%.

Or, you can do what us experienced Tesla owners recommend: change your display to % charged rather than the estimated remaining miles.
I’m trading my car Saturday for a 3 LR AWD. I’ll keep an eye on it with my new car. Thanks for your help.

Gotta subscribe to Teslafi.

Thanks. I feel so nickel and dimed now. I have a Model 3 and I didn't have to pay extra for the Homelink, I didn't have to pay extra for internet, I didn't have to pay extra for music, etc. Now that I'm getting the Model Y, I have to pay extra for the Homelink, extra for the internet, extra for this and extra for that. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks. I feel so nickel and dimed now. I have a Model 3 and I didn't have to pay extra for the Homelink, I didn't have to pay extra for internet, I didn't have to pay extra for music, etc. Now that I'm getting the Model Y, I have to pay extra for the Homelink, extra for the internet, extra for this and extra for that. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Don’t blame you. Good luck with your Y. I hope it’s perfect.

Also, you could always use the API yourself and just track the data if you wanted.. a lot more complicated. Personally I love TeslaFi, great app for tracking everything for techies like me :) Honestly though, for most people just drive the car and enjoy it!

Reactions: rxlawdude