Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Degradation

rajen

Nov 22, 2018
US
My MX 75D was built in August 2018. I took delivery with 800 miles on it as inventory vehicle in first week of November. Now it has about 2500 miles.

I noticed the full charge capacity is going down faster than I would like. Now it shows 71.5 KWh as the capacity at 100%. It was 72.3 a few weeks ago.

Is this normal? Or is this because of cold weather. I am in NJ.

animorph

Apr 1, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Normally degradation is noticed by looking at rated miles, the distance displayed near the battery icon. Where are you reading the kWh numbers from?

Either way, they are just estimates. As many threads on TMC indicate, the numbers can change depending on your daily charge limit. If you are looking at the trip meters for kWh numbers they can vary a lot, including with speed, and are not particularly useful for calculating your battery capacity.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC