Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand a range charge to 100% and ideal range is a better indicator of battery health. My S85 with an E pack and 13500km indicates 490km at 100% set to ideal. My normal 90% charge yields 382 rated KMs. Car was delivered in December 2014 so after 7 months, I haven't notice much of a loss at all.

Perhaps too young to be useful... 85D May 2015. At 4,000 km, 100% charge was showing 436 Rated km's.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you guys in Canada get better batteries than we in Europe:

Tesla MaxRange

In this graph only a few people have gotten more than 395km at 100% charge and only when the car had less than 5000km. This data is from Netherlands and Belgium.
Is it possible that the rated range is calculated differently in each region?

Perhaps too young to be useful... 85D May 2015. At 4,000 km, 100% charge was showing 436 Rated km's.

Is it possible that the rated range is calculated differently in each region?

Yes, it's possible. At least there is difference between US rated miles and EU typical km. Maybe the same standard is used in US and Canada. Here nobody has never ever seen anything like 436km typical. EU typical range is calculated as 200Wh/km.

I normally have the car set to display energy units, not distance, but the last time I charged to 100% I switched to distance: it said 425 km.

It's an 85 with 42,000 km.

Note that I live in Victoria, so the battery does not have to deal with cold weather. Or, usually, hot weather. But I have driven 22,000 km cross-country in the summer, often in temperatures 30 C or above. Above 40 C a few times. The fans have a lot of work to do when Supercharging in 40 C ambient temperatures.