Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery discharging after 2020.20.13 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has not been able to sleep since I took delivery in March. Don't want to complicate things but 2020.20.12 actually solved my sleeping problems.
That is very interesting. I would bet that they were actually trying to fix something, and it worked for you, but it broke things for many of us. So curious what the underlying issue is and the commonality among those of us having the problem.

Edit: Does everyone having the problem have FSD?

Last edited:
It seems quite clear that the car is having problem from the newer firmwares and is unable to sleep or is busy doing something. Has anyone been able to get a reply from their local Tesla Service on what the diagnosis is? 3 days since the initial email now and I am still awaiting to hear something from my local Tesla Service.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a FSD hardware thing. I have 2020.20.12 installed and just was gone for a 5 day trip. I have AP 2.5 with EAP and the car lost 3 miles in total during that whole trip. Not home so I can't check if the camera(s) are(were) hot or not. Car is having zero issues sleeping.

It seems quite clear that the car is having problem from the newer firmwares and is unable to sleep or is busy doing something. Has anyone been able to get a reply from their local Tesla Service on what the diagnosis is? 3 days since the initial email now and I am still awaiting to hear something from my local Tesla Service.
I have raised a service request for this issue. They did ask some info over text but after that no updates. They might be waiting for an update from engineering team, who knows.

Interesting observation... even though I had sentry set to exclude Home, when I looked at the app, it showed sentry mode as active (I turned it off in the app). I’m not sure if that had anything to do with the problem and may never know as .24.6.1 is downloading right now

Interesting observation... even though I had sentry set to exclude Home, when I looked at the app, it showed sentry mode as active (I turned it off in the app). I’m not sure if that had anything to do with the problem and may never know as .24.6.1 is downloading right now
I had the same thing happen at home. I found that it was saving a Sentry video about every minute and there were over 2100 Sentry recordings. That was a few days ago and it hasn't happened again.

• Informative
Reactions: camthehombre
Installed 2020.20.12 xxxx over a week ago and since noticed huge vampire losses similar to what is listed above. This is a Model X with hardware 3 that was installed 6/3/20. Yesterday, rebooted, turned off security and sentry modes, made sure cabin overheat was off and energy saver was on. Mobile connection is on. Checked range this morning and see it lost 6 miles of range in the space of 14 hours. Car is parked in underground garage far away from fob and I do not carry the fob with me unless to drive.

I noticed the drain when I did not plug the car in overnight for no particular reason two days ago. I have an appointment with mobile service for the 30th. Judging by the number of posts on the subject of battery drain recently, I am surprised that Tesla hasn't already addressed this problem. Certainly seems software related. Not to mention expensive for drivers that charge at home.

I've been (well, my X - 2019, EAP) having the no-sleep issue since the 2020.20.12 upgrade... This past Sunday, arrived home at 11%, a few hours later I was down to 6%.. Yup, only a few hours later. I drove over to the Superchargers since it was reporting less than 18 miles of range left.

On Monday, I did a password reset on my Tesla account to clear out anything (e.g. TeslaFi, Tezlab) and then after the reset, set up both of those again.. No massive drain (last Friday, I lost 10% overnight) again - it still won't sleep... But, not sure if it was a coincidence that I reset the password and things settled in terms of the amount of drain. It's still high, but, not as high.