Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery drain advice 2016 P90DL

Sohoprom

Oct 26, 2020
Florida
Hi all. Traded my model S for model X a few months ago. While I'm sure the answer to my battery drain may be here, apologies, not sure where to look, however...
tesla X drain.jpg
as you can see, looks like I'm doing something to use lots of power, and wonder, with the model X is this normal or abnormal. I have not been in Ludicrous mode. no unusual fast driving, probably not even on a highway.

With my model S rarely did this read go over 300, and now it seems like with the X, over 400 is normal.

Any suggestions or links to where this issue is addressed?

Rocky_H

Feb 19, 2015
Boise, ID
With my model S rarely did this read go over 300, and now it seems like with the X, over 400 is normal.
Yes it is.
Any suggestions or links to where this issue is addressed?
It's addressed in the frontal area of the Model X just being a lot bigger than the Model S. That creates a lot more wind resistance, and therefore higher energy consumption. You moved to a less efficient vehicle.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
As an average, seems a bit high. Long term average for my 2019 Raven is more in the range of 325 to 350. That is NorCal climate, highway, and local town driving.
i agree. i have a less efficient preraven and I see around 350 driving like a sane person. hell, I saw just over 500 towing a race car with my AC on

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC