Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery drain after 2022.24.8 Software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2022.24.8 a couple days ago (previously 2022.24.5). I drove about 32 miles/51 km last night after charging to 50%. Parked (unplugged) at 40%, and still at 40% this morning. Garage temps got down to 59F/15C overnight.

After parking last night, I got an iOS app upgrade to 4.13.0. Didn't see any real changes in the app.

I suggest putting back the overheat protection - you don’t want the display and other parts to overheat
I live in Florida. Even though I have tint on my windows the interior of the car gets over 140 degrees while parked in the sun. My wife keeps overheat protection on so that when she leaves work and remotely turns on the AC, it doesn't take as long to cool down and the seats aren't molten rivers of lava. Yes, it consumes energy and reduces range, but she returns home at around 45% soc so she is happy with it.

Reactions: alangold
I have been noticing this as well. Ever since 2022.24. First on .5 and now .6. Same issue. Parked and drops a lot. 2-3% in as little as an hour.
I’ve decided, after much soul searching, to not do anything about it. For a start, what if this battery drain is real? What if all the previous estimates of battery life were optimistic ?...but most of all, 2022.28 is coming soon...a bit of battery drain may be the least of my problems🤷‍♂️😱

Since the 2022.24.8 update I've noticed my Tesla making a continuous high pitched hum when parked in the garage. (This might be a coincidence but the timing matches). The garage is 76" and the climate controls are off. This noise happens independent of whether the car is charging. I've tested to ensure I was not waking the car up by leaving my phone out of range when checking.

I just updated to 2022.24.8.2. It is interesting that we have had three updates in such a brief time.

Since the 2022.24.8 update I've noticed my Tesla making a continuous high pitched hum when parked in the garage. (This might be a coincidence but the timing matches). The garage is 76" and the climate controls are off. This noise happens independent of whether the car is charging. I've tested to ensure I was not waking the car up by leaving my phone out of range when checking.

I just updated to 2022.24.8.2. It is interesting that we have had three updates in such a brief time.
This sounds like the coolant pump might be running. What is the SoC% of your pack when you noticed this noise?

So today, after driving to the beach, I checked and couldn’t hear any noise, after about half an hour we returned, still no sounds...but lost 8km (1%)..yet last night, after it’s initial drain it stayed steady the whole night...about 12hrs without losing a single kilometer....this drain never happened before downloading 2022.24.8

I had 2022.24.8 downloaded at the SC Wednesday and I noticed the range dropped 3 percent two nights in row. I disabled sentry mode even though it should be disabled at home and it did not drop last night. Tonight, I enabled sentry and in two hours it dropped 1 percent. I took screenshots to make sure I wasn't hallucenatining. I remember rebooting the console last night as well. Maybe, I need to log in and out of the app? I checked and it knows my location is home.

edit-logged out and logged in of app and my range went up 1% on the app. I'll monitor and keep the thread updated.
edit-checked again it's back down a percenrt.

Last edited: