TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Battery Drain issues

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by M3TEZLA, Aug 19, 2018.

1. M3TEZLA

M3TEZLA New Member

I recently have noticed that my car will only charge to 279 miles after full charge and 278 recently. On some occasions noticing that lose about 19 miles more then the actual miles driven. Have contacted support. Waiting on them to respond back. Anyone have this issue and how did they resolve it

2. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

You have any third party apps?

3. David Haynes

David Haynes Member

Three ways power (therefore miles are reduced) that are user created issues.
    1. Third Party Apps (non Tesla) - as @AnarchyEOD suggested.
    2. Endless checking on the vehicle via the Tesla app, thereby waking the car up.
    3. Using turning on cabin overheat (using power to keep the inside of the car at a temperature).

Also, what Tesla software version are you on? The most recent is 2018.28.x. Where "x' is 2, 4, 5.

• Like x 1
  4. M3TEZLA

M3TEZLA New Member

I am not using any third party apps and I believe I have software version 28.17. ??
    I used to have bluetooth on and I now turn it off if I am not going to be driving the vehicle soon and don't have the app running in the background.
    The one thing I don't understand is why when full charge was 280 before why is full charge now 279 or 278.

5. SigNC

SigNC Member

Is your "full charge" set to 90%?

• Like x 1
  6. SigNC

SigNC Member

Also, miles used vs miles driven will vary with wind conditions, terrain, temperature, load in car, speed driven etc etc.

7. M3TEZLA

M3TEZLA New Member

Yes full charge is set to 90% according to the app

8. SigNC

SigNC Member

So 279 is expected then.

9. 40milecommuter

Set it to 100% and I bet you get close to 310. Enjoy your new car!!!!