Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Drain Overnight.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine hasn't changed, the car is still staying on for one to two hours a day and wasting more energy than it used to. Clearly Tesla changed something during one of the updates a few weeks ago to cause this change in behaviour, as until the change it would only turn on for maybe 10 to 15 minutes a day with the car sat, not being used:

View attachment 634993

Think youselft lucky those online periods are 1 to 2 hours a day, as opposed to around 12 hours per day!

We know it's not isolated at least. I logged a service request a few weeks ago and just had this back, can't check Teslamate currently as not home but it hadnt settled last time I looked, car was still waking much more frequently than before, even if you try to account for the cold weather impact.

I might pull the WiFi log and send to them rather than the TM one as I don't want that becoming a suggestion for the cause, as it know it's not.

Perhaps more people logging would help.
-----
Good Morning. Remote diagnosis is currently in progress into your concern. Looking at your vehicles data from the past two weeks to the 25/01, the energy loss whilst the vehicle was parked was minimal and well within the expected parameters, with no more than 0.5% SOC (state of charge) being consumed overnight/per day. Please let us know any further information by replying to this message so we can continue to investigate remotely. Thank you, Tesla Service.

Also the same, after a couple of days of proper sleep back to 6hrs awake each day.
Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 13.47.29.png

Recently my overnight drain is poor too.

My car is garaged and today I’ve popped in every few hours and there is a fan running within the frunk area.

I’ve checked in the app and air con is not running. Overheat protection is off. The temp in the car is not warm.

I’ve performed a reboot and it still happens after a while.

I’m sure this has something to do with my poor battery drain.

Any ideas?

I asked a question about this on another forum but only got humorous answers. In my case it's more of a humming noise, very quiet, like the sound of an electrical hum, rather than something mechanical like a fan. Does anyone know what this might be?

Same here - seems very, very strange we are seeing almost the same behaviour, including the (false hope!!) improvements we saw for a couple of days. The more we see the more it points to Tesla messing about remotely with things...

View attachment 634995
I'm wondering if we are connecting to something duff at the back end. Seems strange we get the behaviour change at the same time.

Sadly mine still woke up at 03:40 this morning and didn't go back to sleep until 06:09, so sat they powered up and wasting energy for nearly 2 1/2 hours. I didn't leave it plugged in last night, either, mainly because snow was forecast (although it didn't materialise here).

Tesla have now resolved my issue by checking the Car logs, some old prat (me) had accidentally enabled Scheduled Departure so it was waking up and warming the Car every morning even thought I wasn't using it regularly at the moment, obviously. As I had never knowingly used this functionI didn't think to check it, as someone on here sometimes says, I'll get my coat !

On the plus side really timely and helpful support from Jamie in Tesla Edinburgh.

Tesla have now resolved my issue by checking the Car logs, some old prat (me) had accidentally enabled Scheduled Departure so it was waking up and warming the Car every morning even thought I wasn't using it regularly at the moment, obviously. As I had never knowingly used this functionI didn't think to check it, as someone on here sometimes says, I'll get my coat !

On the plus side really timely and helpful support from Jamie in Tesla Edinburgh.

You won't be the only one ... the Scheduled Departure and Charge timer UI is quite confusing. I always have to look at it 3 times to check it's actually set the way I need it. Not helped when a recent update muddled my settings (I normally don't touch it) so I had no choice but to do it again.

The sleeping behaviour is really quite random. I had 2 - 3 days where the car slept most of the time and only woke up for 15 min each then a couple of days where it was up 6 hours at a time. Now the last 2 days it has spent online only 30 min. I am sure in a few days it will be up again for hours at a time. I wish I could monitor the traffic from and to the car.

Exactly the same:
  • 4th and 5th awake for only 15 mins a day
  • 6th, 7th, and 8th awake for 6 hours a day
  • Yesterday I drove it for the first time in a week but it was only awake a short time outside of driving
  • Today it's only been awake for 15mins again