Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Drain while parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly have no idea what the fix was. I spent a lot of time working with tesla and turning things off but didn't get any results.
I just notice my 2019 LR Model 3 is doing the same. Normally charge to 70%. get to work at about 60%, park a few hours and I would loose 3 to 4%.
Tesla Service can not see anything wrong, they say range loss is normal, because of sentry mode, carbin overheat protection etc...

I have a similar issue. Everytime i park my car with between 61-65% left on the battery it loses about 3-5%. It doesnt matter how long the car is parked . I gain 3-5% when the battery gets to the low 40 percentile. Wondering if this is a balancing issue?
I have this exact same issue.

in the mid 60s, as soon as I park I see significant drain - as much as 5-7% in just a few minutes. I just charged to 66% and 15 minutes later it read 60%

However, when I park in the 45-55% range, I seem to gain it back.

Any solution to this? This seems like a really odd issue where the computer isn’t accurately reading the battery state or charge - and it only seems to happen in the 60% range.

I have this exact same issue.

in the mid 60s, as soon as I park I see significant drain - as much as 5-7% in just a few minutes. I just charged to 66% and 15 minutes later it read 60%

However, when I park in the 45-55% range, I seem to gain it back.

Any solution to this? This seems like a really odd issue where the computer isn’t accurately reading the battery state or charge - and it only seems to happen in the 60% range.
No. I havent heard any solutions. I asked tesla service center about it during my last visit but didnt get a straight answer. It is very odd. I guess its not a big deal since it gains it back eventually. but like you said, wondering if the computer is not reading accurately.

Until now you have been maintaining the Tesla Model Y's battery state of charge (SOC) between 60 and 70%. You might want to charge to 90% and then drive until 30% SOC. This will give the Tesla battery management system more data points to use in estimating the state of the battery.