TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Battery Drain While Sitting in Garage

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by cplaw, Sep 23, 2016.

1. cplaw

cplaw Member

I noticed that my battery drains about a mile a day while just sitting in the garage with no movement. Is that normal? I do you Visible Tesla. Is that the source of the drain? If so, if I delete the program from my computer, would the drain stop?

2. SDRick

SDRick Member

One mile per day is on the low side. I think most are seeing at least 2-3 miles per day, some up to 10?

3. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

It's called Vampire Drain and it is normal. The car is always on, So there is always some juice getting drained.

4. cplaw

cplaw Member

Thanks.

5. auger

auger Member

I have a P85+. With all of the energy saving features on, I lose 3 miles/day.

I used to lose 1-2 miles/day. I don't know why it is much higher now . . .

6. rpo

rpo Member

My S85 loses 10-12 miles in the first 24 hours sitting in the garage at ~70 degrees. After that it drops about 4 miles/day. It's ridiculous. There have been weeks where I drive only 30 miles but the car uses even more energy just sitting there.

• Informative x 1
  7. Pando

Pando Member

Like a leaking gas tank. In a few years there will be 500,000 cars in garages wasting away energy. Hopefully there will be a way to shut off Model 3 completely, I wouldn't mind a longer reboot.

8. whitecotton

whitecotton Member

I had a firmware issue causing excess drain on my car( that was a side effect). It took a while but it was traced down and fixed.