Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery drainage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

The first month and half my model 3 would lose 2-5 Miles if I don’t use my car within 24 hours ( temperature around 85). I took it for service last month and now I notice 10-15 miles off over 24 hours. Nothing has changed except it’s been raining and temperature is around 80.

I was wondering maybe the service center turned something on that maybe shouldn’t be on?

Any ideas?

I think the OP is saying that after the service appointment occurred his default vampire loss is now 10-15 mi/24 hours instead of the previous rate of 2-5.

If I'm understanding the OP correctly, the first things I would examine are the energy savings and connection settings to see if they were inadvertently changed during the service call.

I think the OP is saying that after the service appointment occurred his default vampire loss is now 10-15 mi/24 hours instead of the previous rate of 2-5.

If I'm understanding the OP correctly, the first things I would examine are the energy savings and connection settings to see if they were inadvertently changed during the service call.
Yes that’s what I am referring to. How do check the settings and fix it ?

Yea I do not see anything in the setting to change. Any other thoughts and suggestions? Yes this is under model 3 forum.

As far as I understand it, all you can do is make sure Cabin Overheat Protection is off (this vid shows where it is in the menu:
) and make sure you don't have any 3rd-party Tesla apps that could be pinging the car and keeping it awake.

If you're still seeing high vampire losses after that, you could complain to a service center, but they'll probably tell you that it's "normal".

Beyond that, maybe tweeting at Elon in all caps would help. ;):p Or just pray that Tesla eventually gets its s*** together and actually resolves this issue.

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors
As far as I understand it, all you can do is make sure Cabin Overheat Protection is off (this vid shows where it is in the menu:
) and make sure you don't have any 3rd-party Tesla apps that could be pinging the car and keeping it awake.

If you're still seeing high vampire losses after that, you could complain to a service center, but they'll probably tell you that it's "normal".

Beyond that, maybe tweeting at Elon in all caps would help. ;):p Or just pray that Tesla eventually gets its s*** together and actually resolves this issue.

10-15miles is about how much charge I lose. That’s actually more than my commute (5miles). What is crazy is that I lose that much overnight when temperature is around mid 70s and parking in the garage at work.

Thanks for sharing the video.

Update:

Turning off the cabin overhead protection is not the solution. It’s been off and today lost 10miles parked in a garage over 12 hours (temp around 85-90 outside). Any other thoughts?

What version of firmware do you have on the car? I had 24.7 after my last SC visit a couple of weeks ago and I was having similar issues to you(though not so extreme). I just got updated to 26.3 an hour ago and others have said this update helps vampire drain. Will let you know if it helps me.

If not, I would make an appointment at a service center. Others have said they load a battery management system boot loader which fixes the issue.