Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery draining issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my Model X Plaid two weeks ago. I noticed that my battery drains quicker than I though it should. Last night I charged it too 90% and unplugged it at 8pm. Nothing ran in it since and now at 10 hours later its at 86%. Sentry is running but it wasn't warm enough for the overheat to kick in. Is this normal? My Y would drop maybe 1% over night not 4%. Is there a way to calibrate the battery maybe or do I have an issue with the battery pack?

I just picked up my Model X Plaid two weeks ago. I noticed that my battery drains quicker than I though it should. Last night I charged it too 90% and unplugged it at 8pm. Nothing ran in it since and now at 10 hours later its at 86%. Sentry is running but it wasn't warm enough for the overheat to kick in. Is this normal? My Y would drop maybe 1% over night not 4%. Is there a way to calibrate the battery maybe or do I have an issue with the battery pack?
Sentry mode consumes quite a bit of energy, basically it leaves the vehicle fully powered and all cameras and computers running. 4% overnight is actually not bad. I would expect to lose 5 to 10%. Why did you unplug it?

Reactions: Rocky_H