Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery drains 12 miles in 5 hours[?], Plugged in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pardon my mandarin but I'm the first owner. I meant it only had 16k miles back in April. Now @ 20k. We didn't really drive much especially in the pandemic.
I might indeed give it a try after I exhausted other options. But right now based on what Tesla is saying, it seems like it's not due to app.

In even more details, Tesla told me that, over the last two weeks, the battery drain at parking was 70% preconditioning and 18% upkeep. It doesn't really explain why I turned off the preconditioning last night and it still lost 7 miles but I'll have to monitor it for a few days to weeks. And tomorrow would be the service visit so I also hope that with a new AC filter and FSD computer it may help lower the upkeep loss too...
Maybe you activated in AC settings departure preconditioning by mistake?

I'd like to give an update on this. After the service on Wed, the overnight drain seems to have drastically improved. In the last few days, it loses only 1 mile each night. So I guess the AC filter was too dirty so that the "upkeep" was taking extra long for the drain.

However I'm seeing some weird behavior related to the original title. Two nights I plugged in to charge, one night with LV1 and one night with LV2. I set the limit to 149miles (from around 100miles). Both days, when I entered the car the next day, it showed only 135mi ! The night with LV1 may be explain-able that it stopped charging at 6am for my TOU setting. But my LV2 charger should be able to finish charging way before 6am. Where did this 14mi drain come from?