Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Failure after 9 months and 15k miles: BMS_a029 maximum battery charge level reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the car fixed last Friday around 4pm total about 2 weeks to replace the battery but now having another issue with noise. I didn’t want to sit through traffic so I decided to wait till Saturday morning. Then I get a second text from the same number asking to confirm I could make it that day and that they are opened Monday to Friday 10 to 7pm. I was in an an appointment and got the message late and wanted to get the car back ASAP. Those days didn’t seem right because I know they are neck deep busy, so I looked online from the official web page which was different from Yelp and Google for the service center and the sales office hours. I took the chance and went there later in the morning since I saw on the APP my car was being charged and moved to the front parking and later find 3 sentry videos of people trying to open up my car thinking it’s a demo🤣. When I get there the SC tells me their hours are different so it’s frustrating enough they don’t answer phone calls, text or email. My car was covered in dust and expecting it to be washed since the day I dropped it off I saw 2 guys washing cars. I just wanted to get the car back and sign up for the FSD beta Queue. The range went back up to 270 from 251 and notice it sounded different. My spouse who’s been a passenger for about 10k miles and my cousin’s first time in the car asked about a whine from 30 to 50 mph. I decide to text the same number that notified me of my car being ready hoping the same mechanics can work on it and no response so I just scheduled on the service app, which won’t be another month and it’s a different SC location 😤. Also the SC forgot to click on complete so I couldn’t utilize the APP for about 2 days😡. I messaged the SC on the app with no response so I called the 800 number to the APP help. The guy put me on hold while he tried to call the SC, I wanted to tell him good luck🤬. After a 10 minute hold of not getting through to the SC, he tells me just to wait for a couple hours which finally works the next day🤬.

So now the wait till next month and the saga continues. I get the feeling they forgot to put back the sound deadener or something reassembling the battery. I‘m going to raise hell if they tell me it’s within spec or another 2 weeks👹🔥.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
I got the car fixed last Friday around 4pm total about 2 weeks to replace the battery but now having another issue with noise. I didn’t want to sit through traffic so I decided to wait till Saturday morning. Then I get a second text from the same number asking to confirm I could make it that day and that they are opened Monday to Friday 10 to 7pm. I was in an an appointment and got the message late and wanted to get the car back ASAP. Those days didn’t seem right because I know they are neck deep busy, so I looked online from the official web page which was different from Yelp and Google for the service center and the sales office hours. I took the chance and went there later in the morning since I saw on the APP my car was being charged and moved to the front parking and later find 3 sentry videos of people trying to open up my car thinking it’s a demo🤣. When I get there the SC tells me their hours are different so it’s frustrating enough they don’t answer phone calls, text or email. My car was covered in dust and expecting it to be washed since the day I dropped it off I saw 2 guys washing cars. I just wanted to get the car back and sign up for the FSD beta Queue. The range went back up to 270 from 251 and notice it sounded different. My spouse who’s been a passenger for about 10k miles and my cousin’s first time in the car asked about a whine from 30 to 50 mph. I decide to text the same number that notified me of my car being ready hoping the same mechanics can work on it and no response so I just scheduled on the service app, which won’t be another month and it’s a different SC location 😤. Also the SC forgot to click on complete so I couldn’t utilize the APP for about 2 days😡. I messaged the SC on the app with no response so I called the 800 number to the APP help. The guy put me on hold while he tried to call the SC, I wanted to tell him good luck🤬. After a 10 minute hold of not getting through to the SC, he tells me just to wait for a couple hours which finally works the next day🤬.

So now the wait till next month and the saga continues. I get the feeling they forgot to put back the sound deadener or something reassembling the battery. I‘m going to raise hell if they tell me it’s within spec or another 2 weeks👹🔥.
See post #4 - Battery Perimeter Penthouse Seal not installed

High pitched fan noise when driving 30+ mph

Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
fd2d1466-db26-485e-afea-3deaa79ffc98-jpeg.742474

See post #4 - Battery Perimeter Penthouse Seal not installed

High pitched fan noise when driving 30+ mph

I arranged for the SC and it took over a month wait time, but later got a week early rescheduled and find out collision center is temporarily a SC probably due to demand. Also it’s not even advertised online as a SC and tricky to find on Google or Apple Maps. They thought it would take 2 days and told me they need more time to troubleshoot. I was worried I would be stuck with this problem with a ’within spec’ response since the 75d loaner and my friend‘s Nissan Leaf also made this sound. On the 4th day, it was a Sunday and I thought they were taking s day off and later in the evening I get a text message to come pick anytime contactless 24 hours. It now runs like a silent champ again and turns out it was the battery perimeter penthouse!!!🛠🔋☺️