Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery gauge modifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible for OTA to have battery gauge turn red at 20%, flashing at 10%? New and/or distracted
Driver's would benefit.
Yes, older versions of software (I.E. version 9 from before the 2020 holiday update) had color on the battery. It was green most of the time, orange below 20%, and red at below 10% IIRC. I would also like the color (and a few other things from the older software) back.

Yes, older versions of software (I.E. version 9 from before the 2020 holiday update) had color on the battery. It was green most of the time, orange below 20%, and red at below 10% IIRC. I would also like the color (and a few other things from the older software) back.
Your cars don't currently do that? Mine does. Yellow under 20. Red under 10 (if I recall correctly, rarely that low).

Your cars don't currently do that? Mine does. Yellow under 20. Red under 10 (if I recall correctly, rarely that low).
I can't remember if it currently changes from the black and white to yellow/red for lower charge levels. I don't believe it did when Tesla first implemented the changes.

Edit: I looked at some photos I had of my screen at lower states of charge and the battery icon does change color from the black and white when at lower charge levels.

Last edited: