Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery gonna be better than mentioned at show?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who really put down a 'deposit," and doesn't think that whatever they battery range isn't going to be alot better than was stated by the time they get their truck?
I men come on... Tesla is buying battery tech, they have a presentation coming up in a month or two about the battery issue, and it is going to be a minimum of two years before the trucks are delivered.
So... cross your fingers.

I agree. I'm just broaching the subject and giving my perspective.
Do you agree with, "Tesla is going to improve battery performance in the next 2 years."?
Then how will that relate to the batteries in the cybertruck... just sayin'

Yes, I expect Tesla to improve battery performance in the next two years.

How much is an open question - they really haven't made much change since 2012 - maybe 5% from the higher silicon anodes, and then another ~5% overall pack efficiency from the 2170 cells and extruded coolant paths using the same chemistry. Much of the innovation has been focused on driving prices down and increasing production rates.

More importantly, the promised targets for the initial Cybertruck deliveries probably include some assumptions about pack improvements. Also, if no one is pushing them competitively, they might be more likely to take the improvement in reduced pack size/weight/cost and deliver what they promised with more efficiency and more profit margin - and higher potential max production rates.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Yes, I expect Tesla to improve battery performance in the next two years.

How much is an open question - they really haven't made much change since 2012 - maybe 5% from the higher silicon anodes, and then another ~5% overall pack efficiency from the 2170 cells and extruded coolant paths using the same chemistry. Much of the innovation has been focused on driving prices down and increasing production rates.

More importantly, the promised targets for the initial Cybertruck deliveries probably include some assumptions about pack improvements. Also, if no one is pushing them competitively, they might be more likely to take the improvement in reduced pack size/weight/cost and deliver what they promised with more efficiency and more profit margin - and higher potential max production rates.
Saghost you are smarter about this than I am... All I was saying...well there was a "+" after all those estimated mileages... and you and I both know when Big E leaves it open ended like that, and "hints"///well we are human.

Saghost you are smarter about this than I am... All I was saying...well there was a "+" after all those estimated mileages... and you and I both know when Big E leaves it open ended like that, and "hints"///well we are human.

Yup. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if 500+ turns out to be 515 or 520. But don't go expecting 600...

I agree. I'm just broaching the subject and giving my perspective.
Do you agree with, "Tesla is going to improve battery performance in the next 2 years."?
Then how will that relate to the batteries in the cybertruck... just sayin'

Do you not think that Tesla has already included advances in battery into the design of the truck?

Do you not think that Tesla has already included advances in battery into the design of the truck?
yes, and I also "think" BigE knows how to get the most out of it when he does. The best strategy would be to take the info that he knows and figure out the lowest it could be and if that sounds good use that low number, and then take what he gets that is going to be over that as another "AHA!" statistic.
Whether its 20 or 120 extra miles I have no real information...I just am thinking... and I am only thinking for me...and sharing it..and asking others what they think.

I think the whole reason the Tri was originally to be produced last was because Elon was counting on advances that were not yet available but that his researchers promised would be. He was promising on what might happen.

Well, they did it. They got him his 500 mile batteries so he moved the Tri to first, as everyone had expected it to be. Highest margin vehicle first.

But I think they did what they promised him. 500 miles.

All other advances will basically result in cost savings and higher margin. He has no incentive for further miles claims.

I think the whole reason the Tri was originally to be produced last was because Elon was counting on advances that were not yet available but that his researchers promised would be. He was promising on what might happen.

Well, they did it. They got him his 500 mile batteries so he moved the Tri to first, as everyone had expected it to be. Highest margin vehicle first.

But I think they did what they promised him. 500 miles.

All other advances will basically result in cost savings and higher margin. He has no incentive for further miles claims.
I liked the way you were thinking till you pooped in my chili.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod