Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Heater Fuse (ID: 963, DATA: 0x40000000)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All—

My Roadster is in Pennsylvania (I’m in Germany) and is giving a “ID: 963, DATA: 0x40000000” error and not charging. From a couple threads I see it could be a heater fuse, which I‘d like to try replacing before sending it to the service center. This thread Powertrain Problem ID: 963 indicates the heater fuses are below and to the left of the circled fuses in the picture below.

Does anyone know the part numbers and source for these fuses and are they hot-swappable? Are there any precautions to take before replacing them? I will have someone do this for me remotely.

Interestingly, I had the main fuses replaced at Devon last year after they failed.

Thanks,
—Paul

D09D73B6-B872-46E5-9B38-D5ACC339E2C1.png

Hi Paul,

I have dealt with that one before...
The arrow is pointed at the wrong place.
You want the two gray circles at the bottom left
of the picture.

Fuse Holder.jpg

Fuses.jpg

As you can see from my holders - They do get hot...

I believe the link above will guide you to a previous discussion
with details.

The fuse is EF10AH 250 V P is a ceramic fuse - DO NOT SUBSTITUTE
They are easily and readily available at McMaster under their part 6986K642.
They are in stock and a package of 5 is about $10.

If not the thread was "Powertrain Failure: ID 963 November 1 2015.

Good luck,

Shawn

• Helpful
Reactions: Roadster
Those fuses are easy to replace if they haven't overheated and melted the fuse holder. @ShawnA supplied all the info you need in his post. As you can see his fuses also overheated and partially melted the fuse holder, but not bad enough to prevent him from removing the fuses. In my case I melted one of them so bad that I had to unsolder and replace the fuse holder.

It should be warm enough in PA this week that you can start charging without errors. I eventually had to replace my heater.

Are you helping out at Giga Berlin?

Hi Henry and Paul,

To keep the information in a single thread,
I would add the part numbers for the melted fuseholders...
Just in case you need them.

They are Littlefuse 03450121HX020 "Fuseholder knob black 5X20MM"

They are currently out of stock at digikey.
Digikey part number is F4878-ND

Shawn