Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Heater Not Enabling via App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My battery heater/icon used to work on iOS. Definitely is not working now. Obviously a lot a software revisions between now and last winter here in NJ.

I never use range mode. I want the battery heater to engage while at work to make regen and the driving experience more natural. Selfish me would engage the battery heater up to full regen but I know I would spend more money recharge that used battery energy than the amount of regen I actually got. That said, I'm not even getting 10% regen capacity after precondition for an hour. Something is clearly wrong with this software version (2019.36.2.1). Battery heater is happy to kick in when I get into the car.

I use Teslafi to schedule my charges with a goal of an hour of charging before I leave for work. That is usually enough to get me >50% regen out the door. I know the battery heater is generally not on because my charge rate of about 30mi/hour is consistent. The battery heating is simply power loss the pack due to charging. Works very well for me.

Same here, New Mexico. Outside about 10°F, and after one hour of preheating no warm battery at all. I have 2019.36.2.3. This is disappointing, because I am used to preheat the battery from last winters.

While driving the app shows the battery heating icon, when in parked (waiting in front of school, eg.) it turns off. When driving, it switches on then.

No range mode on!

Seems to be a bug!

Very, very sorry about what tesla does with the updates in last weeks:(

Reactions: pilotSteve
Same here, New Mexico. Outside about 10°F, and after one hour of preheating no warm battery at all. I have 2019.36.2.3. This is disappointing, because I am used to preheat the battery from last winters.

While driving the app shows the battery heating icon, when in parked (waiting in front of school, eg.) it turns off. When driving, it switches on then.

No range mode on!

Seems to be a bug!

Very, very sorry about what tesla does with the updates in last weeks:(
Tesla has confirmed that it will send a fix soon from what I've heard. It appears like these new SWs have adapted the heating behaviour of the Model 3s battery, but the Model 3 has far better regen in cold weather so it's not goid at all for S and X.

• Informative
Reactions: Newscutter
Tesla has confirmed that it will send a fix soon from what I've heard. It appears like these new SWs have adapted the heating behaviour of the Model 3s battery, but the Model 3 has far better regen in cold weather so it's not goid at all for S and X.

Where did you read about it? Would be great, if they really did.. But: I have got a tesla in Europe too, and because of the crapped AP there (due to new European regulations) I would like not to update it.. Still, it would be a great fix (as it was working perfectly before..)

Where did you read about it? Would be great, if they really did.. But: I have got a tesla in Europe too, and because of the crapped AP there (due to new European regulations) I would like not to update it.. Still, it would be a great fix (as it was working perfectly before..)
Several people on other forums said they had been in contact with Tesla and SC said they were aware of it and was promised a fix within a 'few' weeks, whatever that means.

They can fu** up AP and summon instantly on the spot for German & French industry that uses the corrupt/protectionistic EU, while to fix something they broke takes half a year.

I lost faith in Tesla, it's technological advantage is worthless as they lay down for the corrupt EU and fail to fix simple problems like this in a timely fashion.

They can fu** up AP and summon instantly on the spot for German & French industry that uses the corrupt/protectionistic EU, while to fix something they broke takes half a year.

I lost faith in Tesla, it's technological advantage is worthless as they lay down for the corrupt EU and fail to fix simple problems like this in a timely fashion.

I hear your pain, but I don't think Tesla has a choice in regards to the EU lobbyists. If they want to sell cars there they have to follow the rules. I remember when shopping for my model S reading the discussions on why a Canadian cannot buy a US car and import it because apparently the seat belt buckles were not red, and Tesla won't sell red ones or provide the appropriate documents permitting importing. Ridiculous red tape.

Sell cars first, then make efforts for change.

I wonder if after the Brexit settles the UK will have its own AP rules different than the EU.