Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Heater Not Enabling via App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes a recent update changed it. But they added scheduled departure which seems to time the charge to end half an hour before you leave and turns on climate control.

It is nice to have it auto warm the cabin and not to have to adjust charge start to time charge ending.

They also raised the minimum pack temp.to see a particular Regen rate.

I don’t see an option to schedule the time from the iOS app. This can only be done from cars dashboard. All I have is climate control option which turns on immediately.

I drive an S P100D. I manually enable the Ludicrous+ Option in the car which always turns on the battery heater reliably. It takes about 15 minutes to preheat the battery from 0 deg Celsius to about 20 deg Celsius which enables full recuperation. Unfortunately Tesla does not allow to turn it in via the App and this can only be done with the performance models.

Reactions: iunbeatable
Just noticed my battery heater is not being triggered by the app when turning on climate control either for my 2015 90D. After a 20 degree F cold soak and a 10 mile commute it started charging on a 30A 240v plug at 6 miles an hour this morning so tried to trigger the battery heater via the app to speed it up but no battery heater icon appeared in the app. Still on software version 2019.40.2.3 40ef2d4d...

Just noticed my battery heater is not being triggered by the app when turning on climate control either for my 2015 90D. After a 20 degree F cold soak and a 10 mile commute it started charging on a 30A 240v plug at 6 miles an hour this morning so tried to trigger the battery heater via the app to speed it up but no battery heater icon appeared in the app. Still on software version 2019.40.2.3 40ef2d4d...

Known problem with 2019.40.2.3 . It heats not always and not enough!

Battery Heater starts, if
- charging and preconditioning together (sometimes the charging heated up a little bit and the heater does not start)
- you start to drive with cold battery
- you enter a Supercharger as a target and start to drive (this works best)

Today with 2020.4.1, heater works with App.

But as soon as I started driving to a Supercharger (60 min. away), battery heater stoped (only 1/4 regen).
After a 30 min. drive uphill and downhill (60-80 km/h), regen was full available without heating the battery.