TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Battery Heating

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by stenkb, Dec 10, 2010.

1. stenkb

stenkb Roadster 938 Model S 5957

Has anyone else in cold climates seen this yet?

Attached Files:

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

3. stenkb

stenkb Roadster 938 Model S 5957

Ok good. First time I have seen it - it was only -10C today and I have had my car out in -20C weather before but never had it show before.

At first I unable to charge and getting error messages - the car thought the car was turned on even though it wasn't and wouldn't charge. Then after many attempts and 20 minutes passed - the battery heating msg appeared.

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I didn't see any error messages, but I did get a glitch, in that the warming/charge started immediately instead of on the timer.

You will get the occasional firmware glitch, it seems. Once I was about to close the garage door when I noticed that the headlights were still on. I had to get back into the car and turn the key on, then off, to get them to go out. (That might be a Canadian-only glitch, given the daytime running lights.)

5. mpt

mpt Electrics are back