Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery integrity check after being stuck on the center divider

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 got stuck on the center divider. I had to call AAA to lift it up hydraulically to get out of the jam. The AAA operation was very gentle, but I'm worried if there was any damage incurred while I tried to get out of the jam myself while m3 was on top of the center divider. Do I have to worry about a potential battery pack damage? Should I call Tesla service to check?

Mobile app range check didn't find any
issue,but but I guess the check is not devised to detect a type of damage I'm concerned about. Thank you for your advice.

My model 3 got stuck on the center divider. I had to call AAA to lift it up hydraulically to get out of the jam. The AAA operation was very gentle, but I'm worried if there was any damage incurred while I tried to get out of the jam myself while m3 was on top of the center divider. Do I have to worry about a potential battery pack damage? Should I call Tesla service to check?

Mobile app range check didn't find any
issue,but but I guess the check is not devised to detect a type of damage I'm concerned about. Thank you for your advice.
Unless you got lucky, the damage is likely extensive. It may not be serious, could be cosmetic; it's hard to know without seeing it.

The rocker panels are very slightly lower than the pack, so if things were hit just right and the curb was not too high it's possible it was limited to that damage (though I think unlikely). Clearly something was lifting the wheels off the ground...

If there is even cosmetic scraping, it's unlikely that if anything ever goes wrong with your battery now that it would be covered by the warranty.

People have had to have batteries replaced for running over parking stops. At least you're not leaking coolant, so functionally you're probably fine.

Just have to take a peek under the car. I would expect the bumper and plastic/fabric aero shields to be damaged too. If there's visible pack damage that is not clearly cosmetic probably safest to have Tesla take a look. I don't know how much denting has to take place before cells are disrupted.

Look under, take pictures. If you have rhino ramps, you can use those to give yourself more room. If not possible, you could take it to a tire shop where they can put it up on a lift. You might have to pay something, but it doesn't hurt to get an eye on it, before you take it to a Tesla service center and get a bill for $12k.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life