Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery message after Ohmmu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Ohmmu 12v battery installed and have gotten the replace message. They sent me a new battery as soon as I told them about the problem along with a return label. They sent the exchange battery even before I returned the original so it was great service. However the new battery still gets the same warning. I then requested the beta "update module" from Ohmmu . I think the beta "module" must be a resistor of some sort to change the info that the car is getting from the Ohmmu battery. I have not heard anything from Ohmmu about getting the Beta Update Module for several weeks. I hope the update module works but the long silence makes me that that it isn't fixing the problem. I have joined the petition asking Tesla to support the Ohmmu battery so that is another possible fix for the problem. Here's hoping for a solution soon.

I went back to the stock 12V. I had put a negative cutoff switch to make it easier to reset without tearing everything apart but it did it 3 more times over the weekend. They did send a message back saying they are working on it. I tested it with a multi-meter and was getting 13.68V off the battery. Seems to do it more if I supercharge.

Things I noticed:
- Screen sometimes goes black for half a second while driving
- 50/50 chance it interrupts charging
- Can’t get software updates while error present

Customer support has been pretty awful. Started receiving the error message in 2021 and was told that a plugin was going to be available in March/April 2022. Pinged them again around that and never heard anything except to do the reboot disconnect trick which works, but only for a week or less. Sent them another email couple weeks back and was told to do another reset...I would save yourself the hassle and stick with OEM or another brand.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
I’ve only been able to see that at some point the car decides something is wrong with the battery and puts a 8A drain on it. I’ve found it at 1% and 10% in the garage. Clearing errors forces you to still disconnect HV line so its bit of a hassle since that jacks up software updates and in some cases I’ve seen it interrupt charging the car. Went back to Lead Acid has its too random and would rather not have a surprise like this while traveling.