Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Not Fully Charging Degredation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys, My Tesla Model Y has 8500KM.

On the last 3 Saturdays I have a longer Drive so I charge it to 100% especially due to Cold weather. During the other 6 days I only charge to 80%.

What is Really Frustrating is the Fact the it is only charging to to 466KM on 100% charge when I am supposed to get 525KM on a full charge.

That is 12% battery Loss. Now I have searched up before I put this thread out there. But me doing this should have Calibrated my battery by now.

Should I be contacting Tesla? I am really not happy about this Since a lot of days I have not even driven.

Thanks.

Your Tesla Model Y is fine, no need to contact Tesla. In cold weather you will not be able to use the full range of the battery. If you are concerned about calibration realize that if you leave Sentry mode active all the time and when parked at home the Tesla vehicle will not enter sleep mode, cannot determine the Open Cell Voltage (OCV) of the battery.

When you drive an ICE vehicle you look at the fuel gauge, not the estimated range. Switch the Tesla to display battery charge % instead of the estimated range so it won't be distracting. When on a trip use the Tesla Energy screen for real-time updates on your Wh/km utilization and estimated range.

Your Tesla Model Y is fine, no need to contact Tesla. In cold weather you will not be able to use the full range of the battery. If you are concerned about calibration realize that if you leave Sentry mode active all the time and when parked at home the Tesla vehicle will not enter sleep mode, cannot determine the Open Cell Voltage (OCV) of the battery.

When you drive an ICE vehicle you look at the fuel gauge, not the estimated range. Switch the Tesla to display battery charge % instead of the estimated range so it won't be distracting. When on a trip use the Tesla Energy screen for real-time updates on your Wh/km utilization and estimated range.

Hope you don't mind me following up with a slightly different battery issue. My model Y has twice recently over ridden my App/Car Monitor settings for hold charge to Max Daily trip setting of 287miles, and has taken it up to a full charge; which I believe is not recommended. Do you have suggestions or comments? Thanks.

Hope you don't mind me following up with a slightly different battery issue. My model Y has twice recently over ridden my App/Car Monitor settings for hold charge to Max Daily trip setting of 287miles, and has taken it up to a full charge; which I believe is not recommended. Do you have suggestions or comments? Thanks.
I read your other post. I've not seen that behavior although for a while my Model Y would charge perhaps 3% above the 80% charging limit I usually set. For reference, what is your daily charging limit setting? Try dropping this by 10% if you don't need the range for your daily use.

Reactions: gillfoto
I read your other post. I've not seen that behavior although for a while my Model Y would charge perhaps 3% above the 80% charging limit I usually set. For reference, what is your daily charging limit setting? Try dropping this by 10% if you don't need the range for your daily use.

Thanks, I'll do that down to 80%.