Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery not preconditioning ???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I set my my car (model 3 23 model) to precondition for my departure time. However I have notice when I don't have the car plugged in to the charge point the battery is not preconditioned. As I still get the green symbol about the regenerative braking. The cabin is all warm and to temperature.

Is this normal. Is the car saving energy and battery by not preconditiong my battery for the drive home when not charging.

Since the Christmas big update I have noticed other things like defrost mode not resetting back to my personal cabin temperature settings when I enter the car, I have to manually turn the temperature down etc. So not sure if the precondition is also a bug.

So I set my my car (model 3 23 model) to precondition for my departure time. However I have notice when I don't have the car plugged in to the charge point the battery is not preconditioned. As I still get the green symbol about the regenerative braking. The cabin is all warm and to temperature.

Is this normal. Is the car saving energy and battery by not preconditiong my battery for the drive home when not charging.

Since the Christmas big update I have noticed other things like defrost mode not resetting back to my personal cabin temperature settings when I enter the car, I have to manually turn the temperature down etc. So not sure if the precondition is also a bug.
There's no advantage to preconditioning the battery with the battery ... driving along does that with less waste.

Upvote 0