Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery on 100% with 30m estimate to complete the charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 Model 3 RWD

Not anything major, but I've noticed that my estimates for charge completion are a little off (on 100% with 30m quoted).

Usually happens every time I charge, tonight it finished about 3 minutes later. Was drawing some extra current in this screenshot because I had hvac on, but either way it usually always shows 30 towards the end.

Do others find their times are out too, towards the end of the charge cycle?

Screenshot_20220716_214027_com.teslamotors.tesla~01.jpg

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: byeLT4 and KenC
2022 Model 3 RWD

Not anything major, but I've noticed that my estimates for charge completion are a little off (on 100% with 30m quoted).

Usually happens every time I charge, tonight it finished about 3 minutes later. Was drawing some extra current in this screenshot because I had hvac on, but either way it usually always shows 30 towards the end.

Do others find their times are out too, towards the end of the charge cycle?

View attachment 829160

Yes this has driven me nuts since I bought the car 10 months ago. The reason being that if it actually charged as long as it says it is going to, my miles range would get a nice little bump, so I almost can’t help but hope that it actually charges for that extra half hour. And it never does…One of the more recent updates promised that the charging time would be made more accurate, but I still see that stupid falsely promised extra half hour…

• Funny
Reactions: alex_au and Rocky_H
Not gonna lie it drives me nuts as well. I have a '17 S and at superchargers it'll hit 100% then say 'calculating', sometimes up to an hour before charging is complete. I have driven up to 17 miles before it comes off 100%, the pack has yet to balance. When I charge at home it always seems to stop right at 100 (with zero extra range). So frustrating.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H