Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery operated car vacuum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder if anyone has a recommendation on a battery operated car vacuum that has a beater bar or something that can pick up dog hair on the floor mats etc.

Not sure how much you are willing to spend, but I've been using my Dyson handheld (Dyson Vacuum Cleaners Range – Free Shipping | Dyson.com
) for some time now with great results (plus they are on sale right now from Dyson...didn't check Amazon). We use this on our hardwood floors, too, but I just use the short head attachment to clean the car (the one with the extendable brush). I'm pretty sure they have an attachment for animal fur, too...

I also have that Dyson handheld. Got it refurbished. Pricey but a good vacuum. Battery life isn't great about 15 minutes, but more than enough for even a room or two. And it fills up with stuff super fast. So make sure you have a trashcan nearby.

I would recommend it, only if you are ok with paying $200+ for a vacuum that only works for 15 minutes at a time.

It is about ideal for vehicle cleanout. I do a quick once over, take out the floor mats and get them pretty good. Then wash the car, windows, whatever non-vacuum stuff I want to do while I get a charge. Then go back and get all the crevices and anywhere I missed. If you don't let your car get extra gross, or have stubborn dog hair, 2 charges seems to be fine.

yep.. Dyson

Yup Dyson another disruptive technology. Dyson is similar to Elon in that regard. Imagine what would have happened if the other manufacturers had agreed to license his system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dyson
"Partly supported by his wife's salary as an art teacher, and after five years and many prototypes, Dyson launched the "G-Force" cleaner in 1983. However, no manufacturer or distributor would handle his product in the UK, as it would disturb the valuable market for replacement dust bags,"

Not surprised to see so many Dyson recommendations here. I consider Dyson to be the Tesla of vacuums (or Tesla the Dyson of cars) because both of them cost more than you would consider realistic for other products in their class, but are also so much better and more fun to use due to superior technology and innovation that they are more than worth it.

You might want to look at the Hoover Linx 50030 cordless, I have had this for 2 months and it works great, I wanted the rotating brush attachment and it also comes with other attachments. It sucks up dog hair on the carpet and is small enough to get around in tight spaces. I can used it at least 5 times for the whole car before recharging which takes 2 hours.

For me Black & Decker is the perfect hand vac. Before get it I been through many reviews. New lasting power, this model with the lithium batteries last way longer than I ever need it to... I have done 3 to 4 complete cars and my kitchen floor touch ups with out any loss of power. This has a strong suction and the brush/extension being built in make a huge difference because I don't have to worry about misplacing them. It's attractive looking in this color, and the lithium battery is a big plus. I'm glad I don't have to worry about the battery being worn down. I have animals, so I just plugged this in on my kitchen counter as its new home. Using this once or twice a day should help me out a lot. It's especially perfect on the stairs and in the corners!

Review: 7 Best Car Vacuum Reviews For 2018: Top Picks and Buying Guide